Hello

323SPORT

Car
89 MAZDA 323 SEDAN
Hello all, just want to say this is my first time here, right now I own a '89 Mazda 323 sedan SE that I want to modify & just could use some help from anyone on here with suggestions.
Thanks & I hope I can make my car real fast! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My car needs a lot of work but will make it look good, as of now i have an exhaust leak, my down pipe broke right under the exhaust manifold bolts, tried to get a header to replace the hold thing but the one that was sent in was for a 1.8 mazda engine and mines is a 1.6 right now. Do anybody makes headers for this engines.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.

Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

I'm sure the 1.8 Mazda engine has been used in other cars, it might be easier to source compatible parts that way. Is it the same block as the MX5?

HELLO ALL, JUST WANT TO SAY THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE, RIGHT NOW I OWN AN 89 MAZDA 323 SEDAN SE THAT I WANT TO MODIFY AND JUST COULD USE SOME HELP FROM ANY ONE HERE WITH SUGGESTION, THANKS AND HOPE I CAN MAKE MY CAR REAL FAST, LOL:):lol:

CAPSLOCK.gif

Hello & welcome to the forum! :bigsmile:

Hello guys, thanks for the support and I definitely will get addicted to the site. There's lots of info that I will learn from here & you guys, thanks Waynne for all the tips, will work on that soon. Just yesterday I replaced the stock downpipe on my Mazda because it had broken from the weld & it was like a motorcycle! :lol: But it's quite now but will probably change the whole exhaust.
Waynne, found out while replacing the downpipe that the car doesn't have a Cat', it seems the previous owner took it off. It's cool with me but if you have any suggestions let me know, I know they say a straight pipe gets more power! :bigsmile:

Thanks again & I hope to here from you guys soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, just want to say this is my first time here, right now I own a '89 Mazda 323 sedan SE that I want to modify & just could use some help from anyone on here with suggestions.
Thanks & I hope I can make my car real fast! :lol:

Just a quick note.
Could you please refrain from using CAPITALS all the time as some people may interpret this as Shouting.
Thankyou on behalf of,
Turbonutter69 and the moderation team.:)

Have a question and hopefully somebody can help me out, I found a hard to find digital cluster for my mazda 323, but the problem is when I swap it plug it in and everything when turn the ignition on a buzzing sound comes up like something is not right and the cluster won't read or show the rpm or anything, the light on dash comes on even when the switch is off, defroster works on dash but no rpm shows and fuel gauge show as Empty or something like that, Do I need to get a gtx ecu and wiring harness in order for this cluster to work on my se sedan? or if u have any ideas will gladly like to try one.

It's best to drop your tuning questions in our Mazda forum. If you tell us which engine (size is good, code is better) we can point you in the right direction.

engine size right now is the 1.6l stock engine, looking to replace that soon for the dohc 1.6 or 1.8l from the protege not sure which one to get yet, need to go to the closest u-pull it and see what i find.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back