Hello

Andrew84

Car
Renault Clio 1.2
Hi my name is Andrew, and I'm from Malaysia. The car I drive is something you guys probably don't hear about. The Proton Savvy uses a Renault D4F 1149cc drive-by-wire engine the same as the Clio 1.2, and a quickshift 5, 5-speed single clutch sequencial gearbox. The chassis is tuned by Lotus, since the Malaysian bought over Lotus some time ago and has been making cars with high-tensile steel with Lotus tuned dynamics ever since. But sadly, its reputation is still of thrid world status, tentatively, so to speak.

Current mods include less restrictive exhaust, K&N drop-in air filter, lightened crank pulley, and voltage condensers to compensate for the large current drain during the sequencial gearbox's gearshifts. Been using it for more than 4 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFWnG3485A
Please dont judge me, too much. It's just a small displacement car, lol.

Welcome to the forum, I like the car, my son has had several Protons over the years, had great service from them, and little trouble at all. He bought a new Proton, cannot remember the model, but unfortunately he only had it three days, and then had an arguement wit a tree, the tree won.

Hello and a warm welcome, nice to meet you. Have fun on here! WE DO! Are Proton parts or more specifically tuning parts available in Malaysia?

old proton cars use low grade steel for the chassis. The latest two models, the Savvy and the Neo uses high tensile steel approved by the TUV from Germany, because Proton wanted to lift their bad reputation. And the Lotus tuning really made a lot of difference. Although the design and performance of the engine and chassis had improved significantly, thanks to Lotus technology, the built quality is still a problem. But then again, the price is pretty attractive if you live in the UK.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back