Hello

MPrVious

Car
MPV LX 2001
Hello my name is Evan. I currently drive a dented, 2001 Mazda MPV Lx because it was the family car and I didn't have a choice, but hey its a set of wheels. I have been considering putting some time and effort into the car as well as new parts, but it has 154 k miles and I don't know if it is worth it. It is also very difficult to find any aftermarket parts online for a Mazda MPV (unsurprisingly).

I'm very new to the world of cars, and only know what I have read/done myself. If I did put some parts into the car, I was thinking of a high flow cat (my current one is partially clogged as is), a new performance exhaust, alloy wheels, new air intake, silicone hoses in the engine, and window tints.

Are there any realistic engine swaps? And are there any similar mazda models I could use to order parts (i.e. CX7 or CX9, etc.)

Hi and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, I'm glad you found us, you'll fit in just fine. Most Mazda engines should drop in, IIRC there is quite a bit of space in the engine bay.

It sounds like the car needs a good service and general tune up to bring it back to how it should be. Spend a little money on a service, new plugs leads etc and then start tuning it. Fast road cams and a sport cat would really enhance what you have there and it would also be worth dropping in a panel air filter.;)

If you have any technical questions please drop them in our Mazda forum and we will do our best to answer them for you.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back