Hello with a project ;)

Car
VW Caddy RWD TDi
Came across this forum looking for a chassis and suspension design biased forum, probably not what i was after, but thought i'd put up a bit of a thread anyway.
Seeking advice on designing a twin wishbone rear suspension setup on air with a 1.9TDi engine (target, ~200hp, 350+nm) and an audi longitudinal gearbox. Mounted in the rear of my '88 VW Caddy pickup. Something a little different eh :)

a few photos

solidworks prototyping the suspension, progressive camber , adjustable toe etc
MK1CaddyIRSRear.jpg

as she's sat at the moment
IMG_6634_640x478.jpg

engine to go in here, after fabricating more chassis for it
IMG_6622_640x478.jpg

fun mockup of the audi front subframe in the back
IMG_6346_640x478.png

front end all braced up. will have the fuel tank, battery, compressor etc there to keep some weight on the front
IMG_6627_640x478.jpg

turbo upgrade (sligtly :blink1:) fuel pump will be off the 2.5L land rover so not too worried about fuelling yet
IMG_3562_800x598-1.jpg

GRP wide arches moulded to the wings (I hope to get good enough at fibreglassing to make moulds out of these and make full fibreglass wings)
IMG_5442_640x478.png

mocked up front end with berg cup hillclibing kit to be moulded on
IMG_6468_640x478.png

bit of a mess as i just picked out the photos going through my photobucket!

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

*Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you attempted to post photos before you had actually made 10 posts (TC rules).
I have made an exception for you in this one case. Please have a read of our terms and conditions to make life easier for you.*

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back