hello there

M

mikejones

hello every1 iv got a rover 414 16v any ideas on were to start with making it faster.iv already put an induction kit on it and an stainless exhaust. was thinking bout cam shafts any1 done this b4....?

Hello Mike; welcome to Torque Cars.

I have to admit that I'm not overly familiar with the Rover 414 you mention. If I'm right it has the K series engine (which is NOT Honda derived as the 416i engines were).

Yours is a twin cam unit - the Honda used a single camshaft to drive 16 valves in the 416 with a fairly intricate rocker arrangement.

I first drove a 214Si in 1989 at launch, which I think has the same engine as your 414SLi and it was an impressive piece of kit for the time and is still a worthy engine now. (If I've got the wrong car then please tell me ASAP :) ).

As far as tuning I have to admit I'm out of my depth with this one but I'm sure there's plenty of options available, and [plenty of] Torque Cars' members who will offer some practical advice.

Induction kits don't do all that much, in my opinion anyway. Others say differently so please do avail yourself of some proper input.

That aside, enjoy your stay, may it be a long and harmonious one.

Kind rgds,

Paul (HDi)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? If you are feeling ambitous then try an engine swap with the 1.8VVC which is actually based on the same block as the 1.4.

I guess we should ask you how much you are willing to spend.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

as it is a k series engine make sure the head gasket has been changed before you start doing anything else.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back