Hello people!

MoveIT

Tuner
Car
Chevy Lacetti CDX
Hi Guys, Yep, another newbie :). I'm here to hopefully learn a few new things and tricks, I haven't done much tuning myself and I'm not sure my current cars is ideal for the job, but I've always wanted to get the best out of my cars and I'm keen to learn.

Hi and welcome. Nice to have another Audi owner along. Feel free to ask away any questions you like. The A2's are quite nippy, a mate of mine had the diesel and was always quoting MPG to 16 decimal places;)

Not sure what can be done to it tuning wise, apart from a remap maybe. Its the 1.6 fsi engine and it is quite nippy being small, could do with a bit more though. I've searched alot on the web for mods, any I do find are for the 1.4 turbo diesels.:(

As far as I know mate the 1.6 engines don't offer much tuning wise. How much would you want to tune it? An exhaust system would be a good start though. Waynne is your man on this one though.

Yeah I looked into an exhaust system, but this model has a strange pipe on the back that bends in an L shape pointing down I think, making it super special and annoying. I can't see anyone making an exhaust system just for that particular model, especially seeing as its not a sports car enthusiats first choice, or second and third for that matter... or 14th.....

Any idea what the price would be around on that? Thing is, is that I'm looking for an excuse not to sell the car (which I plan I may do in april) cos I want something more powerful like 2.0 turbo or something or similar, I got this car after I had a nissan 200sx s14a. "I've tasted the power and I want more" plus I gave up biking after a series of crashes so I need something with a bit of umph!

Go up to an A3 1.8T or the newer 2.0T. You won't be dissapointed! I don't think you can get very much power wise out of the 1.6 engines. They are built for economy and not having a turbo on them limits your options a bit.

I don't know if I'm the only a2 owner or if there are many but I've had loads of problems with it, the car has cost me a fortune in repairs! and I wasn't impressed with audi for it, put me off audi's all together, and I do like audi's. maybe I was just very unlucky. All 4 injector coils went, one after another, in as many months, catalitic convertor broke up (fix price was +£500) engine managment sensors broke, all sorts of problems.

had any problems with your A3 waynne? apparently the injector coils going was a common problem. according to a guy at audi.

had any problems with your A3 waynne? apparently the injector coils going was a common problem. according to a guy at audi.
These have all failed and been replaced by now it never affected me.

I have had the following problems with mine
Passenger door sensor wasn't turning off the light (fixed itself)
Trip computer screen went totally blank (fixed itself)
Temp guage was sticking (I fixed this one)
Vibration from passenger door (fixed itself)

As you can see the car has been very good and most of the faults have just gone away!:lol: I'm very pleased with it - especially after my Rover that needed repairs after every 200 miles!;)

That does sound reassuring if I get another audi, I was thinking of maybe going japanese next or something thats known for its reliability.

What year is your car? and have you done any performance mods to it?

Mine is a 2000 (beats the latest tax hike on Co2 rated cars!) I've only done a panel filter. As its the main car I have to convince a very skeptical wife that it will not be another Rover if I start tweaking it;):lol:

I really want to remap it to 200bhp and get a better diverter valve. Then I aspire to get a big turbo K03a or K04 and remap again to push 350 - this will be when we get a second car again and I get to really play with it.

I'm happy with my 37mpg though and its nice having the power on tap when you need it.

Sounds good to me, so whats the current bhp on it now? and is that pretty much standard?

By the way this two way forum conversation is getting a bit fiddly waynne :blink: can we stick to this one for now?

Thats a good mod! Next question is what to get after an A2?

I'm not quite sure whats going to be next, I've looked at lots of possibilties like the saxo vts, astra gsi, toyata, honda, nissan...... but I'm still not sure. I'm looking for a 2.0 turbo but nothing bigger, maybe smaller :confused:

2 way conversations are nothing we've manage 4 way before! :embarrest: Ok so it did get confusing.

Sounds like you have a totally open mind. Why not start a what car should I buy next thread and list your requirements (power,performance, comfort, reliability, cost, depreciation etc...) and see what we all have to say. I know what I'll be recommending:lol:

:blink: what!? an Aston Martyn DB4 Series 3!!! Thats not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks for your suggestion.

It was a page back but your comment "Aston Martyn DB4 Series 3" seemed to have amused people. ;) We do a lot of :lol: on here! It is contagious.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back