hello people ,can anyone help

BIGALS

Car
MITSUBISHI CARISMA
hello all ,ive only just signed up to this site,so not sure how it all works on here,so first off hello all you modders out there..
ive just brought a mitsubishi carisma glx gdi,as the missis wanted it,but to be honest it anit got much carisma,if im honest i think its crap,so something has to change,why oh why did i put her though her test,bring back my xr4x4 ,,
can anyone help me out,im looking around for some mods for it ,but to be honest i anit got a clue ,what will fit it,its a 99 t reg ,and would like some 17s for it without spending a fortune....does anyone know what makes of cars fit the carisma,and are you able to give me some advice on mods for them,i knew i should have bought the civic lol..but im going to spanner this car if its the last thing i do.........please please help
many thanks al

hello all ,ive only just signed up to this site,so not sure how it all works on here,so first off hello all you modders out there..
ive just brought a mitsubishi carisma glx gdi,as the missis wanted it,but to be honest it anit got much carisma,if im honest i think its crap,so something has to change,why oh why did i put her though her test,bring back my xr4x4 ,,
can anyone help me out,im looking around for some mods for it ,but to be honest i anit got a clue ,what will fit it,its a 99 t reg ,and would like some 17s for it without spending a fortune....does anyone know what makes of cars fit the carisma,and are you able to give me some advice on mods for them,i knew i should have bought the civic lol..but im going to spanner this car if its the last thing i do.........please please help
many thanks al

hi there and welcome. now it is a glx or gdi?
and the carisma it's not bad, you'll fall in love sooner with it.
now what exactly you're looking for, style or power?
start first with an sport air filter and a rear sport wing, they could make it a little get up. sport air filters are easy to install.

hi its a glx,but its the gdi model,thanks for the help,im not really after more power at the minute,as the missis has,nt passed her test very long ,so mainly style is what im after as its a bit bland looking at the minute,wheels pipe etc,but i dont no what makes of cars have the same wheel fitment,so as you can see im a bit stumped,its not a bad car,its just i had a xr4x4 so this feels a bit boney,so i think lowering it and wheels will be a good start,thanks al

http://torquecars.potn.com/index.php

there u have stuff to see.
and by the way here's a member than works on vinyls and stuff she's the top one, her screen name is 2fast2catch, contact her.
styling is not that hard, there are so much things you can do on your own.
what do you think first of getting some rims and refreshing your paint, and then adding some vinyl?

Hi Bigals and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, I'm sure you'll find your way around here quickly enough.

You might find some of the VR4 parts will fit, if so the breakers yard has a lot to offer you. The Carisma suspension is quite soft, definately build for comfort! But hey you're going to change all of that.

What about doing an engine swap?

hi thanks for the help im going to look into the vr4,its just a pity there wheels are 5 stud,the carisma is only 4,i dont suppose you no any other makes were the wheels will fit,i dont want to spend a lot on them yet ,as i no the missis will curb them,so im looking around a few hundred quid,i will be droping it to give it better handleing as i know the carisma dont score to highly in the handleling deparment ,many thanks al

hi thanks for the reply,ill have a look into what you,ve mentioned ,she sounds like she knows her stuff,the first thing im wanting to do is drop it and find some rims,but i cant find any to fit at the minute ,ive had some advice about the vr4 ,which i like,but i know they are 5 stud and the carisma is only 4? cheers al

What about Proton alloys? They might do the trick. You really need someone with a PCD/offset chart here.

hi thanks for the reply,ill have a look into what you,ve mentioned ,she sounds like she knows her stuff,the first thing im wanting to do is drop it and find some rims,but i cant find any to fit at the minute ,ive had some advice about the vr4 ,which i like,but i know they are 5 stud and the carisma is only 4? cheers al

don't know mate, maybe looking through the junkyards? find cheaper and used something? by the way, if you have low profile tyres, nevermind the rims, all rims look cool on low profile tyres.

hi thanks for the help im going to look into the vr4,its just a pity there wheels are 5 stud,the carisma is only 4,i dont suppose you no any other makes were the wheels will fit,i dont want to spend a lot on them yet ,as i no the missis will curb them,so im looking around a few hundred quid,i will be droping it to give it better handleing as i know the carisma dont score to highly in the handleling deparment ,many thanks al

Hi BIGALS, are you still looking for a set of wheels for the Carisma? may have a set that fit yours, pcd of 114.3 or 100? let me know and will send you some photos of whats available - all brand new but cheap, just trying to clear out the garage - gbp 200 plus p+p or thereabouts.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back