Hello, I guess

exzes

Car
VW Polo mk3
Howdy,

Figured I would join here as, at the ripe old age of 25, I have just bought my first car, a VW Polo 1.4, and looking to get it up to a 'reputable' standard.

Just noticed the key for the boot is very stiff, so first thing for security will probably be to remove the lock altogether, smooth over and fit a keyless entry system in there. Small steps, and not necessary, but I'd like it at least.

After that; It's an old car, not up to the standards of this forum, but should suit me fine for a while, so just generally modernise it and get it looking a bit smarter.

Anyway...long way of saying it, but hello.

hey and welcome to the site mate.

little bit of WD40 will help with the boot until you get time to smooth it over

so how come youve taken a while to get a car ?

hey and welcome to the site mate.

little bit of WD40 will help with the boot until you get time to smooth it over

so how come youve taken a while to get a car ?

I'll go attack it with the WD40 shortly.

It's been mainly due to laziness and circumstances. I spent a bit of time living and working in America where I drove a lease-hire truck (Ford F150), but then when I got back to England I moved to Central London and figured it just wasn't worthwhile getting a licence or a car just yet.

I've now moved out of London to the rolling hills of Surrey. The plan originally was to join the military and get put through all the tests in service...then I became a father so settled for being a reservist and working in civvy street in property management so I need a car to get out to our buildings.

Thankfully the previous experience, albeit in a 4.6l V8 as opposed to the meager 1.4 Corsa I'm learning in, has made the process quite quick, hopefully. Started lessons middle of last month and have the test on 20th July. I didn't miss driving until I started the process again :S

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, welcome to the happy family! I hop eyour car brings you many hours of fun and enjoyment.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back