Hello hello hello!

enViSioN

Tuner
Car
02 Accord Sedan EX
Greetings and Salutations to All!

Just as a quick introduction, I am a 19 year old in the States, so thusly have only been driving for a few years. I currently drive a 2002 Honda Accord Sedan (non-V6) as a daily commuter.

I am saving up to buy a new car, although undecided so far as to what kind of car to get, but I am saving the money anyways, hopefully something within ht\\the lower price range to build up. I am leaning towards the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, but am still open to new ideas. I want to buy the car in straight out cash, (yeah I am pretty uptight about having debt >.<), so I will have to wait.

Anyways as I go on, I am basically a novice/beginner/noob to all car modding, tuning, styling, and etc, but I am really excited and hopeful to learn as much as I can about cars from the articles and from everybody here on TorqueCars.Com. I've read and re-read a lot of the articles here on TorqueCars and am basically trying to absorb it all @_@.

Thank you for all who have read my thread, and I'll be in all of your care.

-enViSioN

its alright after youve got 10 posts its lifted. also picks up on www even without the period

buying a car outright is a better way of doing it, least this way your not paying for it for the next 3 years.
why not keep the honda and do it up ?

Oh because I bought it used and salvaged, so the car was already in two heavily damaged accidents before I got it. Of course it was repaired each time, but with the bare minimums. When you look at the car, you can see where frame damaged occured, displacement of just un-denting panels, and like this big weld spot in the trunk O_O. So I would rather not invest money on something thats been close to destroyed for fear of losing my investment.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car since it is the first car that I bought, and I'll be keeping it for a while as it is a great daily driver, however like I said, I would feel more comfortable working on a newer, less structurally damaged, vehicular :F

yeah that makes sense. if you were to tune it with the damage it could be more unstable especially is the chasis been twisted and not fixed properly.
what are you looking for ?
all out power and torque
handleing or looks

Well basically I am trying to go for a sleeper. With California laws and restrictions on modded cars, I really don't want to stick out too much. Although I want a decently fast car, I don't want to really be blazing through the roads. Handling is important because in case something goes wrong, you could possibly maneuver your way out of a potentially bad situation.

Basically -_-;; California has like the most difficult emissions rulings that rules out a lot of engine mods because the car must pass smog. And there is also a stict anti-racing mindset with the police and government, and even though some people don't race, and I sure as hell won't on the street, the police target all tuners who might or might not have any engine mods and pull em over.

get a Volvo 240 GLT Estate 1988 and stick a heftey V8 in it with some big CC and put a supercharger on it, the ultimate streight line sleeper.

(I think it was a 1988 Volvo 240 GLT Estate I saw on youtube that had two V8's in it, no back seats or anthing, too much engine, that weelied off the line and ruined a dodge viper) so it can be done

Basically -_-;; California has like the most difficult emissions rulings that rules out a lot of engine mods because the car must pass smog. And there is also a stict anti-racing mindset with the police and government, and even though some people don't race, and I sure as hell won't on the street, the police target all tuners who might or might not have any engine mods and pull em over.

That's harsh mate! A sleeper it is then! Have a silencer put on the exhaust and do all your mods under the hood!

if the laws are so strict why not just get a fast car to start with an do a few sutble mods under the hood to give the edge. just to be on the safe side of the law

Yeah well from what I hear, anyone caught with a non legal car in California will get a fine and have to bring their car back to stock emission standards. But I still do want to get into the tuning scene, however, as I learn, I'm not gonna go all crazy and stuff on a car. Yeah, weirdness I know.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back