hello guys,I'm a newbie

BlacKlllRideR

Car
Suzuki Swift 1.3
:bigsmile: hello guys i'm arjun from India,a car enthusiast and would get ideas from you buddies to improve the looks and performance of my Suzuki swift car.
will post the mods soon :mrgreen: nice to meet you guys here

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

:) thanks waynne, i will soon upload my ride's images and mods and all u guys should help me out to upgrade my car.i find this forum very very friendly.thanks for accepting me into this forum love you all

I look forward to seeing your pics. (If you have less than 10 posts your pics will be held in the moderation queue for approval. When you get to 10 posts this won't happen and you can also use the image upload options on here and have your own album!)

So get posting and push your post count up to 10! (Hot polls is a great place to start out.)

;) thanks mates for all your support whole day i was going through the forums and reading articles in troquecars..its really amazing hell amounta tips and details..love ya mates:bigsmile:

mates this is my car make
My Car is suzuki Swift 1.3 litres, 1297cc, 87bhp @ 6000RPM MPFI, hatchback car

will update pics soon..pls guide me about mods i can do?

should i go for CAI or panel filter?greencotton or K&N?
and what exhausts for sound and performance?

tcsmileysign.gif

i would suggest panel filter over CAI, although you would be hard pushed to see an increase on a smaller engine.

really you need to be looking at internal work to get more performance

internal work means?

sorry for being dumb mates..does adding normal panel filter adds more intake growl like CAI?
which one will be good K&N or Greencotton?

for example - cams, bigger valves, higher compression etc. the bits inside the actual engine.

no a panel filter itself wont add growl as the airboxes are designed to resonate the sound. if you drill some largish holes on the prefilter side then you will get some growl but at the expense of letting hot air into the engine

thanks a lot mate for a very quick reply..

really you guys r great..understood completely what u said..thanks mate :)

so you saying adding holes in the air box will get me hot air into the engine which is bad for its breathing.so its a big no..
adding freeflow exhaust or mufflers will add good sound rite?

i understood other things mate.so as u suggested i wont go for CAI as my car is a small sized engine,i would go for panel filter and do mods with engine parts like cams and valves..
i'm also looking for a good body kit design for suzuki swift to add exterior beauty apart from mods.thanks mate

CAI situates the filter further away from the engine - such as in the arch - so it gets lots of cold air.

to be honest mate you could spend a small fortune on the 1.3 and not end up with a huge gain and have been cheaper to sell the swift and buy the 1.6 and not have much difference in power

i'm living in india and swift 1.6 hasn't been launched yet :(..anways what u said is true..1.3 it wont add me noticeable power gain..may be i can spend on styling a bit lol..
thanks mate got the idea about CAI..

@areial oh ma god..is ur car 330bhp...???gr8..
hiii and yes mate gotta look at his swift snaps looks gr8..thanks it was useful..
by the way what was the yellow coloured thingy in d air filter area of his swift?induction kit??

i'm living in india and swift 1.6 hasn't been launched yet :(..anways what u said is true..1.3 it wont add me noticeable power gain..may be i can spend on styling a bit lol..
thanks mate got the idea about CAI..

@areial oh ma god..is ur car 330bhp...???gr8..
hiii and yes mate gotta look at his swift snaps looks gr8..thanks it was useful..

It's a work in progress. To give you an idea of what you could spend on an engine I started with a standard 250hp engine, cost around £3k to get another 80hp quite easily, just been talking today about taking it up over the 450hp mark and I'm looking at around another £9k. That's to enlarge engine capacity £5k, huuuuuge turbo £1k+, straight through exhaust £1k, replace AFM with Maf kit £1k+, then set it all up and program. That's for a 2.8 engine I could go to a 3.2ltr engine capacity but the £25k price tag is a bit eye watering. Warning modifying can get addictive :bigsmile: I haven't started on the body modifications yet :blink:

Last edited:
was that a brand name?lol looks funny but grt :)

no its just the style, cause it looks like a mushroom

Andy i know what you mean i remember seeing tuning options from a VAG tuner - £10k to take my engine up to 450-500. and they were developing it further on their own demo car with 602bhp and yes that was them using a FWD version as well

It's a work in progress. To give you an idea of what you could spend on an engine I started with a standard 250hp engine, cost around £3k to get another 80hp quite easily, just been talking today about taking it up over the 450hp mark and I'm looking at around another £9k. That's to enlarge engine capacity £5k, huuuuuge turbo £1k+, straight through exhaust £1k, replace AFM with Maf kit £1k+, then set it all up and program. That's for a 2.8 engine I could go to a 3.2ltr engine capacity but the £25k price tag is a bit eye watering. Warning modifying can get addictive :bigsmile: I haven't started on the body modifications yet :blink:

Someone's seen you coming a flocking mile off mate :blink::blink::blink:

What's involved in the engine gubbins for £5k?

Someone's seen you coming a flocking mile off mate :blink::blink::blink:

What's involved in the engine gubbins for £5k?

Without hi jacking Arjun thread here, basically all the changes done to the engine so far are bolt on bits, DPW, injectors, Fuel pump etc etc there's a thread in the Porsche section. To go further requires taking the 2.5 engine up in capacity and being a Porsche engine that ain't ever going to be cheap unfortunately. There's no other car this engine is in and there's lot of fancy materials to work with i.e ally block, nikasil liners etc and replace all the components. There is a 3 ltr 16v 944 engine but Porsche never turbo charged it (unofficially, there are 4 development 968 turbo's) so you can't just drop in another engine from another model so you need to build your own engine basically and there's only a couple of guys in the UK that will do it and JMG are the pioneers in this field. I'll post up a separate thread in the Porsche section when I start the extra works.

hehe you not hijackin bro..its all ideas and knowledge u guys passing on amazing stuffs really from all u guys.i'm really happy to bit car maniacs lol..
really its getting addictive.. :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back