Hello from the Philippines!

dog283

Car
A72D Mitsu Lancer
I stumbled across this forum while doing a bit of online research about lightened flywheels. It looks like there's a nice community here so I decided to sign up and introduce myself.

Phil/dog283 here from the Philippines, my current project car is a 1979 'first generation' Mitsubishi Lancer.

IMG_6654.jpg

4337546232_9c2c1e4c04_b.jpg

26509_1351722026712_1041235630_1029.jpg

12420_1388838764847_1348417710_1061.jpg

4446630383_5ff353dbf4_b.jpg

Some details;

Fully restored and reinforced body w/Half roll cage.
Rolling on 14x6.5 (front) 14x8 (rear) Volk Racing Mesh Wheels
Close ratio 5-speed tranny with 4.625:1 rear end.
Custom 4 wheel disc brake system w/ remote brake servo.

Currently she's in the shop coz I blew the engine two months ago... I'm building the new engine myself and should be back on the road by this weekend.

The new engine's going to be a 1500cc Mitsubishi 4G33 OHC engine. Balanced and blueprinted, original Mitsubishi works Rally cam #4, Single Side draft Weber 40 DCOE, MSD Digital 6 Ignition system, custom made race headers and more...

Here it is ready for installation;

Photo1272.jpg

Photo1269.jpg

And my ugly mug so you'll know I'm a real person :p

IMG_7001.jpg

I think that's long enough for my first post. :embarrest: Hope to get to know you guys!

Welcome Phil,
Your thread went into the moderation queue because new members are not normally allowed to post pictures until they have reached 10 posts, this is a measure to dissuade spammers form the abusing the forum.

Great looking car you have there!

Loz. :D

Welcome to the forum. The car look great! Nice to see something a bit older and more unusual than the droves of Evos, Imprezas etc etc.

Welcome Phil,
Your thread went into the moderation queue because new members are not normally allowed to post pictures until they have reached 10 posts, this is a measure to dissuade spammers form the abusing the forum.

Great looking car you have there!

Loz. :D

I noticed. Sorry, I didn't notice that there was a 2nd post in the rules that said there was a min. number of posts before pics were allowed :embarrest:

Thanks all for the warm welcome. ;)

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Thanks!

I'll dig up some pics and show you guys what the tuning scene is like over here. Will have more time to explore the forum once I get the car out of the shop.. Hopefully in a week or so.

I got it running yesterday!! :amuse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Mi3Z86uE8

Thanks!

I'll dig up some pics and show you guys what the tuning scene is like over here. Will have more time to explore the forum once I get the car out of the shop.. Hopefully in a week or so.

I got it running yesterday!! :amuse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Mi3Z86uE8

Post got caught in mod queue again as you require 10 posts before uploading pics or links. You have already been told this.
Please refrain from posting links or pics until you have passed 10 posts and your name is bold.
Have a wander round and get involved in some other threads you'll soon hit 10.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back