Hello From Portugal

intrujans

Car
Opel Corsa C 1.2
Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel, i'm 24 year old, I from Lisbon, and I love cars.

I have a little Opel Corsa 1.2 (90hp stock (75 from factory)) and I want to put a turbo at low boost, not for performance but to start learning, and in a year or two change to a 2.0 Turbo and get it to about 300/320Hp. I'll do most part of the job all by myself (also remap)

Hope I learn a lot here with you

Cheers

Hey matey welcome to T.C, pull up a chair and chillax with real professionals nutcases and everybody in between, we got it all...

Well today is my mother birthday so I don't have much time to expose what I want. But, first of all, thank you for the warm welcome.

In some hours i'll explain what i'm tinking to do.

Cheers

First of all good morning (or good night for you? :cheesy: )

Well i'm going to explain what i'm thinking to do!

I'll put turbo at low boost ratios... i've been searching and to run on stock block, the safe pressure is about 0.3 bars (4.35PSI), on a compression ratio of 10.5:1.

By the calculations i've done that gives me a compression ratio with turbo of 11.4:1.

Sounds about right, 0.3 bar is the safe pressure for most nasp cars with a turbo conversion, you will still however loose a certain degree of reliability, but if the engine is still in good nick and you don't drive her too hard too often you shouldn't have any problems. Still gonna cost you a pretty penny though, make sure you use some body with good credentials and best of luck to you matey.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Good morning everyone!

Well today i'm going to show you the material i need to get, and what I want to do...

This is a engine like mine:

*Removed due to our Terms & Conditions*

Code Z12XE. A 1199cc engine, 75hp from factory, 72.5 × 72.6 mm
(2.85 × 2.86 in) borexstroke.

This is my stock Dyno:

a manifold like this from a corsa B 1.2 16v (the kat is made by 2 pieces, so i can weld the turbo there)

The turbo is going to be a TB0227:

And the Intercooler and tubes are going to be from a 1.3 cdti or a 1.7 DTI.

Regards

*Sorry buddy but you need 10 posts before the system will allow you to post any photos or links, this helps us to deter the spammers.
Have a look around the site and post on some of our other members threads and you will 10 posts in no time at all*

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back