Hello from down under

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I am a senior citizen who loves motorsports and competes whenever funds allow in my Starion JB that started off with 120 hp atw in 92 and now has 330 hp atw due to a twin cam 2323cc stroker taking over from the 2000cc single cam 8 valve motor.
The factory gearbox was not able to handle the power and has been replaced by a RX7 turbo box.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

You can only post pictures or links when you have 10 posts and your account has been upgraded (your username will be shown in bold).

We had to do this to stop spammers but it does encourage new members to get involved and a chance to see what a great friendly site this is.

Get busy posting and you'll have full access.

Oh and a very warm welcome from me to the forums, it's good to have you along. I think you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks Waynne It's good to know the site is closely monitored and not like one site over here that is infested by keyboard warriors who respond with abuse and profanity to serious queries from someone with a need for sensible answers to their posts

I have acquired quite a bit of experience and knowledge about Starions including twin cam conversions and am more than willing to help others with a 4G63.

Some of my background FYI .I rallied a Datsun 1600 (P510 ) when I was app 1/2 my age now and had some good results.Rallies then were not pacenoted and relatively shorter stager but were much longer and timed to the minute and relied heavilly in your navigator who had to plot the route via 1-250 army maps.
Am a retired chippie = carpenter and have worked as a defensive & advanced driver trainer for app the last 6 years and still do the odd track day and compete in the Queensland street sprints in my Starion

Working on my post count so I can post pics of my car :)
We hope to travel to England Scotland and Ireland later this year funds permitting and I would love to be able to do a performance course or track day and hope some of you would be able to give me some advise on how to be able to do this and hopefully contact details as well .

Before the Starion I had an 1800cc twin Webbered Gemini an Opel clone by another name and autocrossed it on the dirt track and won a number if class trophies and the odd club championship

Putting car in to get the last poly bushes in the rear lower control arms next week and allignment redone with a bit more neg camber app3 deg on front and 1.5 on rear.Car is registered BUT not a daily drive so not worried about tyre wear.

Will be getting front lower control arms roll centre adjusted with a set of 35mm rca's imported from Toymods in the states due to the car being lowered.
The suspension guru will be checking measurements ,angles etc to ensure that the handling/grip will not be adversely effected and that the RC will be closer to the factory specs.
Will advise of the results after a track day in the next month or so .

10 th post at last !!
There is a rear roll centre mod that unfortunatly is too costly for me at $700.00 a side but a close friend who has done this mod has lowered his best hillclimb time by 2 seconds which is a huge improvement in anybodys terms.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back