Hello from Canada with Jag XJ6 Ser.3

w1ngs

Car
Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
Hello all.

I found this forum when looking for information about a Holset HX35 turbocharger I picked up at the local scrap yard.

I collect, restore, tune, and modify various vehicles including, but not limited to: My Jaguar XJ6 and XJ12 cars and Volvo 245DL.

I will be asking some questions in the appropriate forum to help me assess the state of this turbocharger I found and whether it is worth rebuilding. Discussion of non turbo-related matters is also of great interest to me and if anyone should have questions particular to the Series III Jaguar XJ or the classic six and twelve cylinder engines they used over most of the company's history please feel free to ask me!

Thanks!

- Daniel

my favorite cars xj12 and xj6 just been looking to buy anoher one today how much they go for in canada in uk you can get them for about 500 pounds but they will need a lots of work regards boyan

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

For a Jag XJ series III I would expect to pay around $4000 to $6000 for a decent example that isn't loaded with problems. Once in a while you get a not-bad one for less but usually there's lots of work to do in that case.

A perfect V12 Vanden Plas with low mileage might go for as much as $13000 but we're talking about a show-room car that smells and looks brand new.

I picked up a 1985 XJ6 for $500 but of course this is more of a make-work project. The engine needs a new cylinder head (I'm actually replacing it with a working V12 engine). The body needs some work, new paint, etc. The headliner and dash board need to be restored. It needs new suspension bushings, wheel bearings, and a number of other things. The important part is that the body is sound and thus we have a solid base on which to build a great XJ.

I have my own XJ website: (Removed URL link as per our T&C's) but I haven't updated it recently as I've put my car work on hold for the winter. I'll produce more updates soon.

Sorry my friend but new members require at least 10 posts before they are allowed to post up any URL links or images, (Images are at the Mods discretion). This helps to protect us from the naughty spammers. Have a look around the website and get involved in some of the other members threads, you will hit 10 posts in no time!

T9 man
Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back