Hello from Bolivia

Richard1

Torque Junkie
Car
Renault Dauphine
Yes, Bolivia. I "retired" 15 years ago and moved to Bolivia where I have two companies, the main one where I concentrate on importing and distributing high quality oils and filters, analyzing used oil and teaching lubrication to companies, mechanics and universities.

In my "spare" time, I restore cars. Here in Bolivia I started with this 1960 Corvair
page1-1000-full.jpg

finishing like this
page25-1018-full.jpg

After the Corvair I refreshed my 88 BMW 325ic
page40-1027-full.jpg

Now I am working on two projects, a 1975 Morris Mini pickup
page2-1006-full.jpg

And unexpectantly (owner dropped his price once he saw I had the Mini and begged me to buy) a Renault Dauphine.
dauphine-cover.jpg

So I will play with the Dauphine while I wait on parts or other help on the Mini. Currently coming from the UK and Chile.

Just running out of space now. My wife says I need one for each grand-child, but the oldest is just turning 6, so I have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Richard & welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy your time on here. :D

Your post went into the moderation queue because new members are not permitted to post links or pictures until the have contributed at least ten posts on the site (this is a measure to deter spammers). I've okay'd it this time but please do not post any more links or pics until you have met the forum conditions.

You certainly have a fascinating collection of cars, what's been to done to the front of the mini it looks like the grill has been modified possibly to fit a additional radiator?

Last edited:
The engine needed rebuilding (he said it only needed a timing belt, but PO's lie). So he bent all that and cut up the sub-chassis to fit a Suzuki engine in it. He did so much cutting that the car could not stand up. And he bent out the front and hinged it. You can see on my site all the cuts to the front sub-chassis and the re-bar he used to try to hold things together.

I'm waiting on a new engine and sub-chassis from Chile.

Hello there, nice to make your acquaintance. You are a very talented guy, thanks for sharing your cars with us.

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your - so what's next.

What cars have you owned in the past then?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

My history with cars goes way back, starting mostly with Studebakers. My 59 Silver Hawk was probably the fastest off the line, although at around 125 mph the rear became very unstable, so the V-8 Dodge Dart that replaced it was better for cruising long distances at 130+ (lived in Kansas at the time - miles from nowhere).

Unfortunately when I restored the first cars (Bug-eye Sprite, TR-3A, MGB) there was no digital photography so I have few pictures, but they are linked to the other sites in my signature.

Since I spend most of my time in front of the computer running my companies or writing maintenance articles for my web site and various newspapers and magazines, it is a relief to get out and grab the wrenches or just drive the finished car. Also fun like last night when I ran into the Governor and he went through the Corvair pictures on my IPad asking questions and admiring the car.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back