Hello from Birmingham

ViperSRi

Wrench Pro
Car
Mk5 Astra 150 CDTi
Hi all,

Stumbled across the forum whilst looking at some diesel tuning articles that have been published on this site :)

Name is Steve, I drive a 06 Astra SRi Sportshatch 150 currently fitted with a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK running 185 bhp and 300 lb/ft. Car is booked in for a custom remap next Weds so should hopefully be pushing nearer to the 200 bhp mark :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars. I'm sure you will be impressed by the remap.

Hi Waynne, thanks for the welcome. To be honest I have run a tuning box on the Astra from the day I picked it up and previously on my Vectra prior to that but as the laws for MOT are changing next year to include failing a car that has a Tuning Box I have decided to bite the bullet and go for the remap instead of the box.

I know it would just be a case of taking the box off prior to the MOT and putting it back on after but another forum I am a member of has links to a Tuning Company offering custom remaps at a more than reasonable price I have decided to sell the box and put that cash towards the remap :)

Other things I have done to the car are:

Fitted an Eonon D5107 Headunit with Sat Nav, Ipod & Bluetooth etc
Changed the SRi wheels for 18" Anthracite Pentas then swapped them from Radius R12 in white.
Carbon wrapped the V grill and Boot Strip although looking at changing the Boot Strip to White Carbon.
Retro fitted Cruise Control, Close Comfort
Angel Eyes with HIDs fitted (Another MOT fail from next year)

Looking for an aftermarket Bodykit, something different from the XP kit that everyone has :)

Hi all,

Stumbled across the forum whilst looking at some diesel tuning articles that have been published on this site :)

Name is Steve, I drive a 06 Astra SRi Sportshatch 150 currently fitted with a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK running 185 bhp and 300 lb/ft. Car is booked in for a custom remap next Weds so should hopefully be pushing nearer to the 200 bhp mark :)

Welcome to the forum,

Can I ask who is carry out the custom remap?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back