Hello From Australia.

Tommo89

Car
Lancer 08 ES
Hello Everyone,

Upon recently purchasing a new car, i have/want to learn about them now, haha being in computers as my job, i don't know the first thing about a car, besides how to drive em and change gears, haha.

I live in New South Wales which is in Australia.
I am 19 years of age, and currently have my green P's.
My ocupation is in IT.

The car i recently purchased in the new model Mitsubishi Lancer 07 model.
Is only the base model (ES), but will give me plenty of leeway to mod it up and the way that i want, its blue.

This being my second car, and doing nothing to the first, i want to experiment with this car, and get it looking the way i want, i have some dollars to spend on it and some ideas / hints / tip would be greatly appreciated, i joined the forum site, cause it looks like alot of people here from around the world have some great knowledge on cars.

At the moment what i am wanting to do to my car is put some rims/tyres on it, and maybe at the end of this year near christmas, maybe wack a nice kit on it,
but i think rims have to come first cause i saw a car the other day with a really nice body kit and his stock hubcabs and it just wasn't for me.

So Thankyou for letting me join this site,
And i'll stay active to meet and chat hopefully with all of you soon.
Thankyou Very Much.

Tom :) :)

Hey and welcome tom ( cant remember if i welcomed you in your other post )
whats the green P's ? if that like it is over here you put themon after youve passed your test for the 1st year

Hi guys, and thankyou for the warm welcome

Yeah in australia we have

Learners (L's) 1 year,

Provisional 1 (Red P's) 1 year,

Provisional 2 (Green P's) 2 years.

Then you are on full license, so i have nearly made it haha.

Oh i have no clue about rims haha, i wouldnt know where to go, or what kind i should be looking at, thats kinda why i joined the site (hoping for some hints and tips)
:)

Thanks Guys
Tommy.

Hi tommo and welcome to TorqueCars. I'm jealous because you are just going into summer now. (We have the cold wet winter weather upon us now.)

I think you'll find that the Enkei alloys for the EVO will fit. You just need to find out your stud pattern PCD and offset.

Do you have many performance parts suppliers out there?

I like the licence system. It warns other drivers of the inexperienced and will probably help cut accident rates with the little extra caution it creates.

Um i'm not to sure, being from a country area, the closest place to me is like 190kms away at sydney and there is a heap of tyres places, and stuff like that, but i think the could easily rip me off haha.

yeah this license system is ok - it just takes ages to come of and everyone has different speeds as well

L's - 80km ph - 50 MPh
Red P's - 90km ph - 55 Mph
Green P's - 100 km ph - 65 mph
Full license - any speed up to 110 kmph - 70mph

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back