Hello from an older one.

Juddian

And i'm not telling how old yet.

Don't know how i found this forum, but i've had a read a few times, very interesting the diesel chat forum especially.

I usually have unusual motors, at the moment i'm running a 96 W124 MB E320 auto coupe, one of the last of that shape off the line. Lovely cond, 72K from new, and surprisingly quick in a fairly quiet sort of way.
Have considered selling this recently as i'm interested in 2 completely different motors, Legacy 3.0R saloon (will LPG if i get one)
Or i'm very smitten with the 06 on Dodge charger (will definately PLG if poss if i get one).

My lovely lady's car is a 07 Toyo Hilux 3.0 auto.
She likes different, and she drives somewhat rapidly, and i shall be posting a query or two in a while about getting a little more oomph from the beasty.

Anyway Hi all. Judd. :amuse:

hey and welcome juddian. dont worry we cater for all ages all you need is a wicked sense of humor :evil:.

with regards to diesel speak to HDI as hes our resident expert :blink1:

Hi Judd and welcome to TorqueCars. We aim to be one of the most car focussed forums out there and we have some pretty level headed members.

The Dodge chargers are a real blast, what about a Diesel + LPG conversion :lol: Theres probably enough space under the hood to get a diesel in there as well!

Don't be shy about your age - we have members from 14 - 60+ on here. Age is irrelevant - its all about what car you drive and how much you like driving.

Feel free to whinge about the cost of fuel - we frequently do!

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome.

If i do go down the charger road its got to be a V8 petrol, you can't have a Yankee motor without, it just won't do.
On the other hand i'm not a footballer or celebrity, so have to earn me lolly like the rest of you, so i've sort of made meself a rule that the next petrol car i get is going to have LPG conversion.
Nearly bought a Shogun V6 petrol 2 years ago, nice motor too, one posh lady owner so all good and no joy riding round the rough, but made a interesting discovery, you can't have direct injection converted to gas. Well you can, but it will all end in tears as the petrol injectors will eventually burn out as they're in the combustion chamber (obviously twit i am) but when not being used, get burned up by the gas combustion apparently. Phew, that could have been an expensive mistake.

I'll probably end up with a legacy 3 litreR, as they seem to take very well to gassing, and spend the next 5 years wingeing about the ved.

On the other hand, had my old MB nearly 6 years now, so it sort of becomes an old friend.

Waiting for next year to decide for sure, loads of people still don't realise what Dick Turpin and the rest of the robbers have done with retrospective ved increases, so expecting some very cheap desirable motors about then...well hopefully.

I'm expecting a glut of high power big engined hard to tax cars coming up for sale next year too!

An interesting point about direct injection conversion to LPG! It is obvious when you think about it - but how many people do?

I agree that you cant have a muscle car without the lazy v8 burble! It just does'nt seem right!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back