Hello Forum!!

ChrisGTL

Wrench Pro
Car
Leon TDI
Just signed up after seeing a car with a TorqueCars sticker in the window...

Nice looking forum admins!! :)

Gonna have a look round, see wots wot.

Hello from me.

welcome to another leon owner do you have a mk1 or mk2???

MK1 - I test drove the MK2 when looking into SEAT's. MK1 reminded me of my old MKII Golfs, so won hands down....

MK2 was too..........refined, like a burger with no grease......just wasnt happening for me.

MK1 - I test drove the MK2 when looking into SEAT's. MK1 reminded me of my old MKII Golfs, so won hands down....

MK2 was too..........refined, like a burger with no grease......just wasnt happening for me.
good choice :bigsmile: but just currious what about the leon reminds you of a mk2 golf??? :confused:

good choice :bigsmile: but just currious what about the leon reminds you of a mk2 golf??? :confused:

Good question, and I really dont know. Was just a pleasure to drive....seating position is spot on and just felt planted like my old MKII golfs did when cornering.

I've had the Eibach pro-kit put on my Leon now, feels even better and its lowered it 15-20mm. Got a custom rear strut brace on aswel as the A3 front strut. Just need the Neuspeed ARB's now and I've done with the handling mods.

Got 15mm H&R spacers on the rears which has made the rear less twitchy.

312mm Audi TT grooved discs and 312mm carriers to go on, with my Ferodo DS2500 pads which should be a nice stopping upgrade.

Would love a set of LCR alloys too but they are still selling for silly money so that can wait.

Thinking of a Milltek CAT back exhaust, but depends on my bonus in May, I've already had a 'mufflerectomy' but I get a bad drone noise when cruising at motorway speeds - turbo does seem to spool up quicker though with the backbox restriction removed.

Just had a EGR race pipe fitted last month down at JabbaSport which I'm 100% happy with, alot less smoke now when booting and I won't have any cruddy sooty buildup in the EGR to worry about.

P-Torque remap, R.S tuning RR says im producing 184BHP. Had the SACHS uprated organic clutch done 1k after remap due to my OE clutch slipping, so could go for a custom remap now but I don't want to push the turbo too far to the limit.

SFS full intercooler hose kit which looks nice under the bonnet, billet connectors are so much better than the VAG lugs that wear down too quickly.

Done other little cosmetic mods too, LCR splitter on, HID's, fabia rear wiper, MKIV golf retro front wipers, silver indicator bulbs to get rid of the fried egg look....

Next is a nomad pod and boost guage now I have my EGR race pipe with boost guage nipple :lol:

Just love the TDI torque, I'd of had a single mass flywheel done when they did my clutch but they are bluumin noisy in neutral.

Possible hybrid treatment depending on funds, would like to break the 200BHP figure but its more than enough for me now.

Good question, and I really dont know. Was just a pleasure to drive....seating position is spot on and just felt planted like my old MKII golfs did when cornering.

I've had the Eibach pro-kit put on my Leon now, feels even better and its lowered it 15-20mm. Got a custom rear strut brace on aswel as the A3 front strut. Just need the Neuspeed ARB's now and I've done with the handling mods.

Got 15mm H&R spacers on the rears which has made the rear less twitchy.

312mm Audi TT grooved discs and 312mm carriers to go on, with my Ferodo DS2500 pads which should be a nice stopping upgrade.

Would love a set of LCR alloys too but they are still selling for silly money so that can wait.

Thinking of a Milltek CAT back exhaust, but depends on my bonus in May, I've already had a 'mufflerectomy' but I get a bad drone noise when cruising at motorway speeds - turbo does seem to spool up quicker though with the backbox restriction removed.

Just had a EGR race pipe fitted last month down at JabbaSport which I'm 100% happy with, alot less smoke now when booting and I won't have any cruddy sooty buildup in the EGR to worry about.

P-Torque remap, R.S tuning RR says im producing 184BHP. Had the SACHS uprated organic clutch done 1k after remap due to my OE clutch slipping, so could go for a custom remap now but I don't want to push the turbo too far to the limit.

SFS full intercooler hose kit which looks nice under the bonnet, billet connectors are so much better than the VAG lugs that wear down too quickly.

Done other little cosmetic mods too, LCR splitter on, HID's, fabia rear wiper, MKIV golf retro front wipers, silver indicator bulbs to get rid of the fried egg look....

Next is a nomad pod and boost guage now I have my EGR race pipe with boost guage nipple :lol:

Just love the TDI torque, I'd of had a single mass flywheel done when they did my clutch but they are bluumin noisy in neutral.

Possible hybrid treatment depending on funds, would like to break the 200BHP figure but its more than enough for me now.

where about you from?? seeing as though you have a p-torque map. will did my maps aswell and handily hes only 5 minuets away form my house

I'm from West Yorkshire mate.

I travelled down to take advantage of Will's crimbo special last year. No one else came close on price. Was well worth the 2hr journey down.

I'm from West Yorkshire mate.

I travelled down to take advantage of Will's crimbo special last year. No one else came close on price. Was well worth the 2hr journey down.

and the hour back :lol: he sorted me out on my stage 1 and custom map and also got me a forge tip and dv cheaper than it was direct from forge hes a top bloke!! and get some pics up when you get chance :bigsmile:

Hi Chris, Sorry to jump in so late. I've had some work issues (in that I had to do some!)

Good to have you along and enjoy yourself here - I know we all do!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back