Hello Everybody

Jebenrule

Wrench Pro
Car
205 GTi 1.9
Hi everyone,

Im Ben,

I did a google search looking for help on 205 GTi conversions and touquecars came up so i signed up,

I have a black 205 gti 1.9 i got it Jan 08, Its in really really good condition all over and inside. its an 1988 with 56,000.

currently the car has original engine with most brand new parts, Janspeed exhaust, and Team dynamic alloys in black,Spax Suspenion, the car has a new front grille and the new black grille thing,
the rear of the interior is stripped of everythin, the has bucket seats, harnesses and everything else standard expect CD Player.

I was planing on doing a couple of hill climbs and sprints in it.

I have been looking into a 306 gti-6 conversion for some time now and was wondering if any1 has any thoughts hints and tips or alternatives for this,

But for now Hello :bigsmile:

Hi there mate and welcome to Torque cars... You only need 1 more post buddy then your at 10 and able to post pics and links..... Whats the plans for the car mate?

the plan is not complete but its almost there!
i was thinkin 306 gti-6 engine with a 1.6 gearbox!
i would want to get a nice pair of buckets inside and redo the rear interior of the car to update it ! possibly a roll cage altho no plans for that so far! the basic idea is keep it looking stealthy but almost orignal but with a hidden heart lol,
my only problem is i live in channel islands where there arent too many garages that will do any conversion so i have to find somewhere in the uk to do it! how do i upload pics?

the plan is not complete but its almost there!
i was thinkin 306 gti-6 engine with a 1.6 gearbox!
i would want to get a nice pair of buckets inside and redo the rear interior of the car to update it ! possibly a roll cage altho no plans for that so far! the basic idea is keep it looking stealthy but almost orignal but with a hidden heart lol,
my only problem is i live in channel islands where there arent too many garages that will do any conversion so i have to find somewhere in the uk to do it! how do i upload pics?

Won't a GTI-6 kill a 1.6 gearbox? I'm no good at explaining so i'll leave the pic thing for someone else to explain. But I think there is a post somewhere that tells you how to do it mate.....

will do dude, im guna make t my mission to find out how to upload maybe cud be i only just got my ten post i need to wait for some1 to do something who knows anyway i will post some pics wen i can !

will do dude, im guna make t my mission to find out how to upload maybe cud be i only just got my ten post i need to wait for some1 to do something who knows anyway i will post some pics wen i can !

If you use the button Post Reply instead of quick reply you need to go down your screen past the button that says submit reply and there is another buttom further down that says manage attachments thats what you need buddy. But you have to use the Post Reply and NOT the quick reply. Hope this makes sense to you...

Hi Jebenrule, I look forwards to seeing your pics. It sounds like a great project. There are upload instructions in the gallery you have 3 options. ;)

Post the images as an attachment when you start the thread or use the go advanced reply. Create a gallery in your profile and put a link to that so we can find it. Or use the host-it image upload option on the advanced post/new thread option.

heres some pics im not sure if they are too big not sure how to change pixels etc
i will take some of the inside tomo

Attachments

• car 013.jpg
    car 013.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 2
  • car 010.jpg
    car 010.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 0
  • car mm.jpg
    car mm.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 2
  • car 005.jpg
    car 005.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
thanks guys,
i tryed to make it look different and so far its the only one i have seen like it in the channel islands so s'al good! only bad thing is suspension is so hard it hurts lol

Welcome along bud. Tidy looking pug you have there. One conversion that has been popular was the M16. In this guise it makes for a very good track car.

Do adrian Flux offer quote to the CI? Is it legally for road purposes the UK? If so most UK insurers should cover it. You might need a policy with european cover and you'd need to check how many overseas days you are allowed just in case but it is worth asking at least.

Do adrian Flux offer quote to the CI? Is it legally for road purposes the UK? If so most UK insurers should cover it. You might need a policy with european cover and you'd need to check how many overseas days you are allowed just in case but it is worth asking at least.

They do but i tryed them for the car standard with wheels and they quoted £1500 way too much money lol!!
Yes it is legal for the road, i dnt understand y i wud need european cover tho!
i will ask again tho circumstances may of changed preferably things being cheaper!

as for the M16/Mi route which ever it isbut im not to sure on it, i have heard bad things and good things but not sure yet!
i know it is much cheaper then the route i have choosen but i beileve it will bring better benefits in the short and long run! again as above i wouldlike to keep the car road legal, this way i can be mischivas :evil: and take on the all the lambos ferrari's and Stupid Posches in my little island:lol:
obv under safe conditions as im not an idiot,

Im not 100% sure if the UK insurers regards the CI as part of the UK or as part of Europe. Its worth checking, I guess they all ask your address though so they should take this into account.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back