Hello everybody! I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!

riley

Car
civic ex 1.8L ivtec
Hello friends, I have come hoping that you guys can answer my question. I am not a car guy by any means but I know my 2012 r18 civic engine is devastatingly slow and is actually causing issues with getting up to speed on the freeways. This year along with the help of my two mechanic buddies I would like to install a turbo kit on my 1.8L i-VTEC engine in my 2012 Honda Civic ex, however, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. I tried to use the calculator on BorgWarner.com but I can't understand what my muffler system back pressure is for third gear let alone any other information its asking for. Could anybody please provide me a link to a kit that WILL fit my car because I am totally lost. Thank you everybody for your help, hope to hear from you soon! (my car is also manual if that's important)

if only it were that simple...........the exhaust may be one of the easiest things to sort
More difficult problems will be
engine management system may need changing completely
fuel system will need a serious upgrade
Engine- your NA compression ratio is probably be wrong - NA engines have much higher cr than turbo
thats just for starters
Your best bet is probably to fit a type R motor with ecu which I imagine will fit without too much grief

GOOD LUCK THOUGH

There is a decently built JSR Supercharger kit, which has everything included (injectors, ECU Hondata ECU with map etc.) It will cost the best part of $5000(US) including fitting but at least it's tried and tested and fits.

Hi there, it's good to welcome another car enthusiast to the site. Enjoy it post loads and join in the banter.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back