Hello all you fellow car enthusiasts

loz1961

Wrench Pro
Car
1994 Mitsubishi GTO
Hi,
3 years ago I brought a 1994 Mitsubishi GTO, it came into Aust for race/rally use only and have been using it in hill climbs and supersprints when I have the time and money to do so.

Am quite pleased with the cars performance as it is NA at present and for such a heavy car it handles well.

Over the past 3 years I have been slowly working on getting the car closer to a race bred machine than the daily driver it was, with initial concerns being concentrated on weight reduction. Have todate stripped out over 200kg's (weight every piece removed and log it)

Inside the car I have fitted a 6 point roll cage with side intrusion bars of my own design and construction with the view in mind of it being CAMS approved so as to not get knocked back from scrutineering at CAMS events. So it has been constructed using low carbon steel tube (CAMS spec), mandrel bent ,notched (using notcher built myself) and fully TIG welded.
Have yet to paint it have been busy with other aspects of the car.

Safety is covered with a Sparco light weight race seat and RPM 3" wide 6 point harness belts.

Handling has been worked on slowly over the time I've had the car and it now has ISC coil overs, 3SX sway bars, RDA slotted rotors on the fronts, EBC red (front) and green (rear) brake pads, Nero high temp racing brake fluid, 235 40 18" Toyo Proxes R888 semi slicks on Koya racing 18x8.5 rims

Exedy High pressure clutch and ceramic button clutch plate has been installed and the rear steer has been removed (perfomance improvement and weight gain of 15kg's)

Have only recently purchased a VIO POV HD 1.5 video recorder for the car and will be taking video footage of future race meetings.

Like every one that is into cars and motor sport I have a huge wish list for the car which I am working throught slowly and it gets added to all the time, one of the major items on the list is to buy a TT half cut for the car and convert it to TT, but they are not easily aquired and I'm after a Gen 2 model as they have 6 speed box and forged steel crank.

Any way have probably bored alot of people so will sign off

Hope to have many interesting conversations on your site

tcsmileysign.gif

That's a great spec, I look forward to seeing some pics in the near future. :D

Dude..... You have my dream car!! Please show us some pics!! how much did you pay for the majestic gto when you got it?

tcsmileysign.gif

That's a great spec, I look forward to seeing some pics in the near future. :D
Hey Mates, not really up on the forum stuff, so dont know if I'm replying to one post or all of them, but thanks for the comments,

For some stupid reason the Australian Gov will only give compliance to the TT model and the NA can only be imported into Aust as "parts race/rally use only" so I picked the car up quite cheap at $4,500 aus, which was ok with me as I had plans to only race it anyway, down side was I had to build car trailer to get it to the circuits.
Can you tell me how to post pics?? and I would love to get a few up for you guys to see

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

You are required to have 10 posts under your belt before you have permission to upload pics or links.
Have a wander round the forum you'll soon hit 10 buddy.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Sounds like a marvellous machine you have there :amuse:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

You can only post pictures or links when you have 10 posts and your account has been upgraded (your username will be shown in bold).

We had to do this to stop spammers but it does encourage new members to get involved and a chance to see what a great friendly site this is.

Thanks for the advice guys, have been away for the weekend and didnt get a chance to reply earlier.

Plans for the car are to get it under 1:10:00's at Wakefield park a local race circuit where at present my best time is 1:14:03.

I dont really have any ideas for flashing up the car as it is all about speed but any suggestions when I get a pic on board are welcome.

Performance parts are hard to come by for this make and model, does anyone know of any good sites I can visit?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back