Headlights, what if ?? Europe vs. UK

Marc07

Road Burner
Car
Audi A8 3.7 V8 40V
Hiya

Just a quick one.
As prices of headlights in UK are on ridiculous level where you can get same ones from Germany brand new original Hella's for 100 ish quid, what if I get the pair of them from Germany (Europe lights) and fit to UK model ???
Can I do the adjustments so they will comply with UK road safety act etc my self or in the garage, or they have a completely different construction ???

Cheers

Thats what I thought, but are they angled like structurally or it is just the matter of adjustment???
And if is structural, then is it the reflective part (mirror surface inside the headlight), the front/outside glass of the headlight or just the lens/socket or that ball like in Audi's where the halogen bulb sits???

Thank you

That is the reason lights are more expensive over here, the RHD models are the minority and as such due to supply and demand they can charge more for creating them.

Some Audis have switches behind the lights to convert from right to left drive and this works well but I've never seen that in an after market light.

Technically if a light is not fitted with the correct UK type approvals it will be viewed as illegal. I see lots of lights for sale marked (show use only or off road use only) and this is to cover their backs that the lights should not be used on the roads.

Thats what I thought on the back of my head.
Is just I'm searching German ebay.de where I put A8 4E and got over 12000+ parts and gadgets where in uk is just 850. Lots of great stuff and things like headlight inc delivery brand new you can have for 120.
Thats where I found this silencer replacement http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f1...dle-silencer-mod-prons-cons-21335/#post188205
and lots of other stuff and still 200+pages to view.
Thanks for all your help

The blanking levers are present in BMW cars as well.

BUT all it does is blank the beam kick up to the left, so you're left with a very low beam with no reach down the road. A true LHD enclosure will have a beam kick up to the right and have a lever which allows you to cut off the high side of the beam to the right when driving in a RHD country

Sorry - there's not easy solution

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back