Headlight modifications

swirl1618

Hey, i recently bought lightbulbs for my Honda Odyssey which were H4's and i was unable to get them to fit into the socket that was in the headlight. Is a modification needed to get these bulbs to fit or did i just buy the wrong lightbulbs? :? Its a Honda Odyssey 2000 model.

It sounds like they are the wrong bulbs unless you haven't unclipped the old ones but I presume you have taken out the old bulbs.

(welcome to the site Swirl1618! 8) )

What other mods have you done or are you planning to your car?

thanks for the welcome.
yes ive taken out the old bulbs but it still doesnt fit so i dont know what to do. The bulb i have inside the car now is alot flatter than a H4. Although when i plug the H4 into the power socket and turn it on it works fine. So im not so sure whether the RA6 uses another type of bulb. If they do would someone be able to tell me which type of bulb that it uses.
i havent really done much to the odyssey. ive only (tried) to put lights in but obviously. Its a working progress. Im seeing what else is worth putting on it. Its on everything stock except the dvd player inside :D

have you compared the locating point's of the new bulb's to your old (are they the same) is the glass part of the bulb fitting into the headlight

yes ive compared both bulbs and the only difference is the bulb size. although im not 100% sure that the locating points are exact but they looked very similar when i checked.

sounds like you might have the wrong bulb.try going back to the place you got them from and ask them to check for you.usually a motor factor will have a referance book.