Hallo!!!

cobralu2004

Hi, I'm Dennis, i own a 1994 Honda civic Lsi!!! Love this car so much, spent so much time and money on it!!! but its just a 1.5 non vtech which is really disappointing!!! Quite hard to find a decent 1.6 VTI of the same generation, even ESIs are hard to find talkless of VTI!!! import ones are nice but hard to maintain and insure!!! so now i'm just saving up money and hopefully get a DOHC Vtech engine into my beloved car!!!

Hi cobralu2004 (Sorry - I've been out of the country for 10 days so I've not been around.) Nice to have you aboard. The VTI is pretty rare and finding a good one is really hard to do. The 1.8 Type R engines are really good and there are a few to be had from salvage yards so I would consider this as an option. You will be looking at a fair wad of cash to get the engine swapped over so it would be worth doing it in style.

Hi, i've been having second taughts these days!!! went to brighton a few weeks ago with 2 of my friends and my girl friend!!! i don't usually feel this since it always only me in the car, but with my friends in it, i feel its so small, the back seats seems doesn't have enough space for 2 average sized person!!! i'm planning when i have the money, should i spend it by doing an engine swap, repaint the whole car or just get another car!!! since my car is very old, there is rust on the body and stuff, also i hit a cone a few days ago and the paint on the bumper is stripping!!! i'm not sure whether its worth to spend money on it anymore!!! if i'm going to get another car, i'm thinking of the Subaru imprezza WRX STI (the rectangular light ones)!!! i think since doing an engine swap will cost me as much as a subaru, i mind as well get a newer, bigger car!!! but i don't want to give up on my car!!! please help i'm confused, can you advice me on this please!!!

Depending on how bad the rust is, and if it can be treated. But personally, despite the hard work you've been doing i would probably be tempted to go for a new motor. But first I'd get some idea from a good bodyshop whether it can be treated, how effective the treatment will be, and how much it'd all cost.

Don't know if this helps, but i hope so

Agree with blacklineninja, Rust is very hard to treat unless the car is stripped and a bare metal respray/rust treatment is done. Although the car is nice it is unlikely to be regarded as a classic for quite some time. I spent a fortune on a car and finally had to sell it wasting the money I had spent. You get into a "well i've spent so much a little more and it should be finally sorted" philosophy which sadly is never true. :cry:

The Impreza would be a good tuning base - buy it enjoy the power for a year then mod it, thrash it for a couple of years and sell it just before it falls apart! :evil:

Thanks for the advices!! really appreciate it!!! now my plan is save up money and get an impreza!!! i'll just use my civic as a A-B car!!! i really love this car, the shape looks nice, my friend got lower springs on his ESI (same shape as mine) and the car look great, low, wide and aerodynamic!!! i feel out of the old civic generations, the 92-95 generation have the best shape!!! my friend got the civic ESi and he got rust on his car the same place as mine, and it looks worse on his because his car is silver mine is grey!!! he have spent so much on his, lower springs, full exhaust, induction kit, 17" alloys, tinted windows, neon lights under car, subs, speakers and stuff!!! because there is so much rust he is not thinking of spending money on his anymore!!! he was thinking of getting an engine swap also, but now he is thinking of getting a newer car!!! before i had this my civic, i had an import civic which was also a 1.5liter engine, but that car has no rust and stuff, the bodywork was in super condition, and its got so much extra in the car, like aircons, cupholders, standard rear speakers, spoiler brake light, and stuff!!! i wonder why the hell the uk specs are so *#*#*#*#!!! i've seen other import civics and the are all in super conditions!!! too bad i trashed that one if not, i would have done alot to it!!!

WRX 0-60 5.7 Seconds 227 hp Boost 13.8psi 5 speed 16" Alloys

STi 0-60 4.7 Seconds 300 hp Boost 14.5psi 6 Speed 17" BBS Alloys

STi has intercooled with water spray cool-down and has a transmission cooler more comprehesive LSD and a centre DCCD Driver controlled diff.

Weight is up on the STi by another 200 lbs (probably the extra badges :lol: )

So the STi is faster - I could have guessed that! :shock: Nice to have the stats Waynne - its helpful to see the real difference. Wonder wot the MPG is on the STi.

Hi cobralu2004,

I think your making the right desision to upgrade - however I wonder if you have considered some of the alternatives to the Imprezza.

May be I'm missing the point but half the joy of a modded car is the fact that it is unique and personal - dare i say it expresses YOUR personality.

The underliying problem with owning an Imprezza is that no matter what you do - you'll know deep down that somewhere someone is driving a virtually identical modded Scooby. Don't get me wrong they are awesome cars, and I would never criticise anyone for getting one. But how about a couple of other options.

Theres the obvious Evolution series form Mitsubishi, how about Honda's offerings.

By all accounts the Integra Type R is a beast. Admittedly it gives way in some areas to the Scoby - 10% down on power and 0-60 times, but its as quick top end and if mpg is a consideration I doubt you could get 35-40mpg from an Imprezza. Plus your are virtually guaranteed individuality even in standard guise.

Just an option. Let us know what you decide.

thanks for the info, i know what u mean, the thing i like about the impreza is just the look it has, the bonnet intake hole, big spolier, just a mean looking thing u know!!! i have other cars on my mind apart from impreza, the evo is faster, but its way expensive, and it haven't got that look compared to the impreza!!! the intregra type R is a good car, but its a front wheel drive, no matter how good the car is, a FF car has its limits, so i'm not considering buying another FF car!!! i taught of the silvias, i would be very happy if i can get one of those, they are hard to find and i'm not very familia with them!!! i know they are rear wheel drives, got turbos and good for drifting and that s about it!!! anybody familia with silvias???

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back