GTR vs Evo vs STI.

i would expect the r34 gtr to win everytime its an absolute beast of a car but i didnt think the subaru would of come ahead of the evo

I could be very wrong of course but between the Evo and the STI I think the results would be driver and poll position orientated. I was a bit disappointed with the R33, I didn't realise there was such a vast difference between it and the R34. Love em all though.

These were all supposed to be standard cars so the 34 was bound to beat the earlier gtrs as it's awd system is more advanced . The active LSD alone would make the difference

In reality pretty much every gtr,evo and Subaru have some mods so while it is an interesting test it's not really relevant 10/20 years on

isnt the WRX Sti the closest to race spec that they come in? the GSR is not the same equivalent. i reckon an MR would have been a different outcome

Possibly but the 34gtr theynused was hardly the model closest to race spec either .if it had been a nismo a n1 it would not have been even close and if they had chosen a z tune it would have been on a different lap

apart from the GTO i am not a coupe fan so i dont know much about skylines other than there is a GTR and GTS. in a straight line i would have said R34 without a doubt but throw some corners into the mix and i think the EVOs handling (MR especially) would give it something to think about

I think I'm misunderstanding you Rich cause they weren't exactly racing in a straight line over there and the GTR did deliver quite a convincing win.

+1
The vid speaks for itself

You need to drive a properly set up 34 gtr to realise just how good they are round corners especially high speed ones

^^ I take it that you have had such an experience sleeper, it sounds like one hell of a ride, one day I may be as fortunate as you and have a go myself.

I think I'm misunderstanding you Rich cause they weren't exactly racing in a straight line over there and the GTR did deliver quite a convincing win.
i can only go with reputation but i would have thought the R34 would easily take the rest on a drag race but EVOs, while undoubtedly quick off the line, would have won a track race

of course the drivers make a difference too so swapping them around might have had a different outcome

^^ I take it that you have had such an experience sleeper, it sounds like one hell of a ride, one day I may be as fortunate as you and have a go myself.

Quite a few people fancy driving the stage so have done a swop with a few people ( only those I can trust :)) .

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back