Greetings from Cape Town South Africa

Hi,yes I do regional ralies in Cape Town with a mk2 Jetta fitted with a 2.0l 16v.
And I have a Mk1 Citi Golf.Its fitted with a 2.0L 8v.8valve head is solid lifter head ported and polished, Im running a 288 cam in there.Recently changed over to throttle bodies I was running 48 webbers on there(running 102 fuel).Fitted 84mm nissan pistons, compresion has been pushed up.Steel cranked that has been knifed, I also polished the inside of the engine block.Engine is balanced, including a other couple of tweaks.Im running a Gotech engine management system, with a custom gearbox from VW Sa with a LS diff.
Use it mainly for track days drags and gymkanas.

Hi there lehuizen and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to see that car tuning has reached Cape Town. It sounds like you know your way around an engine.:)

Hi lehuizen....welcome to the site. As waynne said...looks like you know a thing or 2 about an engine! When you've reached 10 posts you'll have to put a few pics of your rides in the pictures section.

I will post some pics,
My main knowledge on engines is on the Golfs.We have a couple of great tuners in Cape Town, like Robbi Ferroli, dont know if you guys saw his twin engine 2.0l 16v turbo mk1 golf on the net.He just build a Mk2 Jetta 2.0l 16v pushing 180kw, naturaly aspirated.

I didn't realise that kw is so much lower than BHP. I'll have to get round to writing a conversion caclulator. PS is also different - any idea what they are in relation to bhp!

1 PS (PferdeStarke) = 0.986 Bhp
1 Kw (kilowatt ) = 1.341 Bhp

PS is the metric version ( well German version ) of Bhp

ok now lets see if i get this right

1 hp = 550 ft/lb

1 PS = 75 Kg / meter

550 ft/lb = 76.07 kg/m

so Ps is just a nice rounded figure using the work done to find the power figure

found a converter here http://locost7.info/converter.php

sorry in my other post about ps ( do you talk power or drive torque ) i mentioned that:
1 ps is 1.014 hp. this should have read the other way round 1.014 Ps = 1 hp
just incase anybody picks up on this

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back