Greetings from across the pond

Car
'02 S60 T5
Hi everyone, from what I've seen so far it looks like most of you are in the UK or Europe. I'm from/live in America and love Volvo's and Saab's and other foreign makes. I really wish Renault, Skoda, and MG would import to the US.... I'm in university for Civil Engineering. Anyway, on to the car...
Day 1:
aDO9J3m.jpg

My father was nice enough to pay for her and put me as co-owner. A stock Swede....But not for long.
The first snowfall:
UP8V0uB.jpg

So what's the plan at this point? Well, getting as close to the 300HP mark as possible without blowing the engine or my wallet, as well as making her more appealing to the eye (rear bumper scuffs from previous owner).
--
So you know how they say even the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray?
SmNQxwh.jpg

It wasn't my favorite christmas break ever.
Repairs: (~$800, not including insurance and the single scratch on the pickup I hit)
iMXIl1g.jpg

lVMSiMv.jpg

3pGjOCv.jpg

Fixed!!
And just for fun:
EOSiX0z.jpg

Next on the list is some new bits for the body, painting/dipping the wheels, silicone in the engine bay, and overhauling the tired suspension. Luckily I got a paying internship :bigsmile: and should be able to afford at least some of these upgrades. Best of luck to everyone on their projects.

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.;)
Have a wander round an you'll soon hit 10. :)

WELCOME from down under OZ
looks like your favorite Swedish cars will qualify you for membership in Claymore and T9's fan club

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back