Greatings to all

DoNotResist

Car
2005 mazda rx8 GT
My name is Pat and i am 24 years old man!!

A little about me:

Got into drifting a bit in the road with my Rx8 when its wet out and kinda got addicted now i kinda do it when its dry. Had a few close calls with parked cars and curbs so i dont want to hurt anyone or damage my car. So i decided to join this site and see if i can get help with what kind of car i can take to the track instead of drifting in the road.

Here is what im looking for :

- car with close to 300HP

- a small car nothing to big

- RWD Duhhh!!!

- Something around 2-3k Max

- A car that will not demand too many Mods to get it drifting well *saving up for a 350z salvaged but had to find right now.

-Track car only Will never be on the road.

- I would drift my RX8 on the track but was told there not that good and i dont wanna total the car either :p

- Mod that i plan on putting in the car: Gut it and Cage it, bucket seats with the race belts. And the diff, Brake pads.

I was told to get a:

- A 1990-92 toyota single turbo supra - nothing after 92 since the price tends to soar up alot. Now i was checking the specs on this car and it seem to only have about 232HP aint that kinda low to be drifting i mean my Rx8 has that and i seem to have a hard time kicking it sometimes.

- A nissan 240sx: now this is even worst i saw the specs and noticed 155hp Ouch!! What am i missing. ppl keep recomending these 2 cars to me.

Feel free to inform me on stuff im missing and give me some advice
Well thats me saying Hi.
DNR

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend :)

Please feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspiration towards your own very special project!

Good luck to you & I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Hello and welcome to the site mate

i think the reason the 200sx range is always mentioned because its cheap to get hold of and can be modded relatively cheaply with decent gains

ok maybe somebody can give me some insight on 2 things.

2004 mazda rx8: * car is said to not be a good drift car.

Engine 1.3L Bi-Rotor
HP (hp@rpm) 238 @ 8500
Torque (lb.ft@rpm) 159 @ 5500

240SX : ppl keep saying get this car.

Horsepower:
155 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 160 ft-lbs. @ 4400 rpm

ok so the 240sx has 83HP less then the rx8!! im a bit confused as why the Rx8 aint considered a better car.

Also maybe this will help me when looking for a drift car what main specs should i look for:

- How much torque
- How much HP

What makes the big difference in a good drifting car and a bad one? Ok ill prob get the *Driver* but mechanically speaking

I know plenty of drifters that use the RX8 - engine parts can cost a lot though. Perhaps this is why people don't rate them, the power is also all in the higher RPM band but when you get used to that fact you'll love it.

The nissan is the sensible buy though, parts and mods are relatively cheap and you can get big power on relatively little budget.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.
What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back