Gearknobs and gaiters.

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
After doing away with around 50% of the 'orrible walnut trim in the car im thinking of doing away with the wooden knob

its nice enough but as theres no wood apart from this and the 2 wee bits on the door trims it looks out of place.
thinking towards this one

but it looks like it could depend on price as its showing as £76 for the knob and gaiter, not sure if you get the surrond doesnt really matter as already have it in the car

anyone else got any susgestions ? dont want aftermarket as trying to keep the interior pretty much OEM

please dont say the carbon one as it really does look terrible

turns out ETKA is alot bigger than i originally thought, theres whole other catalouges for interior parts as well

there are loads of gear knobs out there, so difficult to make a decision :s same with hand brakes, pedals etc :s

pedals are easy enough, there staying the same, or seat cupra R in other words something with plenty of rubber. Handbrake is already full leather so not bothering with that. its more to do with the wood effect thats making me want to change it. but theres not that much vag stuff avalible - half wood ( what ive got ), full wood, carbon, aluminum, leather, leather/alu mix (pic above), black plastic, or black golfball, alu golfball. even then ive got some issues as alot of the 6 speed gearboxes are 4wd and have the 4 motion stuck on knob.

mine is black dimpled leather on the knob withe the numbers on top and the gaiter is just plain black leather with a chrome top bit very plain but i think it looks ok

yeah thats similer to what the wifes got in her golf, just no chrome on it.

might give VW a phone tomorrow to price that one, hopefully its cheaper than the price ive found. think the beetles one is around £50 its for the pure alu one

I know it's aftermarket but you have to love the pure sex that is the Quaife lightweight nylon gear knob...

IMG_2845-vi.jpg

Nice but not really the OEM look that im after, also not sure if the shaft itself is threaded as its a single use O clip thats holding it in place,not sure what else is holding it as from my experiance there not that good so there proberly is somthing else holding it.

cheers for the idea tho

There are some nice Audi gear knobs around. I prefer all black but the metallic does look nice.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back