Fun drive in the wet

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I had a fun drive in my favourite road in the wet the other day! It was great fun. (Hythe to Rye coastal road!)

It's amazing what a difference a bit of rain can make to the handling of a car driven on the edge!;)

Do you have a favourite road that you know like the back of your hand?

I had a great fun this sunday with the ice on the road but then a not so plesant experience on my way home from this fun. Had been on an excluded road nobody uses but people that like this kind of fun and wery few people know that this road exists. The police doesn't bother because there is never really noone there and everybody who goes out there to play a little drive the same direction so there is not much of a danger there. Well driving home from that road I almost rear ended one car. He stopped on a red light but when the light changed to green he didn't move. I had started to slow down but when I saw he didn't move I had to break even harder. The ABS was working on top spead but that wasn't enough. When I had turned to the next lane and my car was allmost sideways on the street he finally got moving and I got home without any more troubles

Well driving home from that road I almost rear ended one car. He stopped on a red light but when the light changed to green he didn't move. I had started to slow down but when I saw he didn't move I had to break even harder. The ABS was working on top spead but that wasn't enough. When I had turned to the next lane and my car was allmost sideways on the street he finally got moving and I got home without any more troubles
OOH! That was a close one Hansi, glad you avoided him though!

the cat and fiddle road in cheshire is an amazing drivers road, dangerous enough in the dry though never mind the wet. Still fun though !