Full Audio System Deal - Advise

I2EBORN

Car
Fiat Punto
Hey there.

I've been looking to upgrade the stock audio system in my car, so everything will need to be changed. Been doing a lot of research and trying to get some info because dont know too much about cars YET as its only my first car.

I was looking at seperate components when i came across this deal.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-kdcw534-xt10-bx10-js53-js694-ja490_p-23399.htm

It's a deal which includes a kenwood head unit, some other juice speakers and amp and inphase sub for only 200 quid. Seems reasonable i thought and would save having to order them all seperately.

So first question would be what do you think for using it as a starter complete kit in terms of the components included?

Second of all is it good value? I've tried adding up seperately as if i did not buy in a deal but the website doesnt sell most of the stuff in the deal as seperate.

Also i can remember reading somewhere that a 2 channel amp can only power one subwoofer and two speakers?

Then Why does this deal sell a 2 channel amp with 4 speakers and a sub?

Is it a way to trick people into buying or am i just wrong (which is prob true because the website seems reputable)

Cheers!

2 channel amp will only allow you 2 power 2 speakers. whether it be 1 sub and 1 component.

as the sub is rated at 600w and the amp at 500w and is bridgeable then i think they mean for you to use the head unit to power the 4 speakers ( replace your standard ones in the front with the 5" ones, replace your rear ones with the 6x9's, or wire them in if you dont have rear ones)
the sub if wired up to the amp using the bridge, this means using positive on one channel and negative on the other.

Right first of all a 2 channel amp will either be used to power a sub or 2 speakers. A 2 channel amp is just that 2 speakers or bridged to 1 sub.
The system isn't bad but what are your intentions? Will you be upgrading in the near future? If you are planning on more then the head unit could do with being different as it only has 1 pre out so you are limited to the amount of amps it can handle. Also the front speaker and the 6x9's will work fine running off your head unit....

I've got some concerns about the weight of having all that gear in the back of my small car, especially the subwoofer.

I was thinking of maybe just going for a better mid range head unit and some mid range 6x9s and saving a bit of cash.

I've got some concerns about the weight of having all that gear in the back of my small car, especially the subwoofer.

I was thinking of maybe just going for a better mid range head unit and some mid range 6x9s and saving a bit of cash.

You could pay a bit more and get a decent head unit. Then get a decent set of front door speaker. And also get a amp and a set of 6x9's this will provide clean crisp tunes and won't weigh all that much either...

Yea i can always just get a subwoofer at some other point.

What do you guys think of FUSION gear, I hadnt heard of them before looking into car audio but how do they compare to the household names such as ALPINE and KENWOOD, SONY etc?

In terms of looks i think they look pretty mint.

Here's another one of those package deals.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fus...-p-7066.html?cadid=aclbl5p92lrkr0f5s9p64if6p3

This time they did have all the seperate components on their website and this deal knocks it down by over a 100 quid.

It also has a 4 channel amp so if i decide to get a subwoofer at a later stage it should be fine.