Four of my car tires are wearing on one side

vti

Wrench Pro
Car
98 Civic 1.6vti
Just new to this and hopefully someone can help me out with a problem i have with my 1998 Honda Civic 1.6 vti DOHC. All four of my car tires are wearing way on the inside of them and this is because my car is lowered and has pushed the wheels out like so --> /----\ . Can anyone help me out with this problem but i don't want to raise my car up again?

How much have you lowered it? I think you can get a camber kit to adjust for this. Have you also put wider tyres on the car?

in truth if you lower the car for better handeling, you would want negative camber, tyre ware is a price you pay for better handeling.

How much have you lowered it? I think you can get a camber kit to adjust for this. Have you also put wider tyres on the car?

I'm not to sure on how much its lowered as it was lowered when I bought it but im nearly sure its 40mm! its the Tenzo R lowering springs on it but not the adjustable one's!

Yeah I have Lenso's on it at the min! 5 spoke RS5! there 205/40/17

in truth if you lower the car for better handeling, you would want negative camber, tyre ware is a price you pay for better handeling.

Aw i know but i'm going through new tyres nearly every 3/4 months as I do alot of travelling at the minute and cant keep up with the costs for tyres! Got Re-moulds put on one time as the threads were showing on one of the tires and was about to pop and let me tell you they didnt last too long either!Lol!It's so annoying but

Re: Very general brakes question

I'd say for practical handling purposes a 30mm will suffice. Any more is just for appearance and offers little if anything additional in the way of performance and handling.

A camber kit will help to get everything back in alignment. You also need to start worry about the driveshaft, gearbox and cv joints as these are all under stress being at a wierd angle.

A body repair shop will usually have laser alignment and get the wheels set up correctly for you but the rears are not very adjustable hence why you need the camber adjustment kit.

You might also find that your bushes are shot and this is causing some sag in the suspension as well.

No not yet but planning to but does it really make any difference?
I could go and get it done and in the end up it it could just be a waste of money??

yeah but I dont know when the person i bought the car had put the springs into the car and couldn't ask him either as I bought it of someone who he sold it to but then they sold it to me!Does that make any sense?lol!
So no i don't think it was done by the previous owner!

Re: Very general brakes question

I'd say for practical handling purposes a 30mm will suffice. Any more is just for appearance and offers little if anything additional in the way of performance and handling.

A camber kit will help to get everything back in alignment. You also need to start worry about the driveshaft, gearbox and cv joints as these are all under stress being at a wierd angle.

A body repair shop will usually have laser alignment and get the wheels set up correctly for you but the rears are not very adjustable hence why you need the camber adjustment kit.

You might also find that your bushes are shot and this is causing some sag in the suspension as well.

How much do you think a camber kit would cost me?
Can you get it from your local car accessories/parts store?
& is it a big job?

No its not a massive job. Should cost about the same as fitting a new set of wishbones. Most good tuning shops supply them.