Flashers beware

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There seem to be quite a few headlight flashing techniques and it probably comes down to the cars controls.

Some people give a single very quick flash that is almost impossible to see. This is really not helpful so I'd urge all those that fall into this category to park opposite a shop window and see how long you have to hold main beam on for a visible flash.

Others do a quick and long flash and some people do a couple of short flashes.

What do you tend to do and does it depend on the circumstances.

It should also be said that a flash is a warning and should only be used as such, if you want to let a car in or out you should really give a gesture.

How many times have you been approaching a junction with a car pulling out and another wanting to turn right and someone flashes but neither driver really knows who should move first and it just holds everyone else up!;) :evil:

I usually do a double flash. I think it is renaults that have a really slow clicky light flash. I prefer the ones you just pull to make it flash like in the Golf and Polo.

You're right about gestures - I usually make eye contact and nod to let someone out. If they're looking the other way they can wait! Flash that car and someone on the main road might think its for them and crash you all up.

I just go all discotheque and give about a dozen flashes, can't miss it. I do occassionaly give a hand gesture though if I see the driver is looking directly at me.

When letting someone go at a junction i tend to step out of the car and ACTUALLY flash them. It's good fun, i recommend you all try it.