first time. not much experience

icarus

Car
1999 VW golf GLS
hello. so i cam across this site because i know a little about cars but not to much and im currently looking to upgrade my car because i have two friends that think there bad ass in an eclipse and Tiburon, however neither one of them can drive. so im looking to upgrade my VW golf GLS so that i have the power to keep up with them and show them how to really drive. im a better driver then both of them but they have paid to get some mods done on their cars so mine can not keep up currently. any help on where to go on this site to talk to people about the best options for upgrading my car would be useful and much appreciated.

its the 2.0L with an engine code AEG for that model. its technically a 1999.5 they changed some things so half of that year is made a certain way and the other half another.

Hi and welcome, you need to spend big $$'s on a 2.0 to get more out of it. Have you thought about dropping in a 1.8T engine instead? This will smoke pretty much everything else due to the lower weight of your car. It is also a very tunable engine.

I had thought about dropping in a 1.8T but i had not made a decision. i was contemplating just getting a turbo for my engine. I still have the original muffler on it which is way to heavy so thats getting changed this weekend.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back