First Post

Big Ord

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Civic CDTi
Hi Guys, i've been a visitor to the site for years and its given me loads of useful and informed knowledge so i thought i'd join up. I'm driving a Pug 307 XSi unmodified (for now) with exception of the alloys. I'm saving for something big as i'm hoping to do a turbo conversion over the next few years upping the power from 140hp to around 250-300hp. Theres lots i need to change before it gets to that stage tho so no doubt i'll be relying on this site a lot more ;).

Hello matey and welcome to the site. Sounds like your heading in the right direction with your motor ;) So with this turbo conversion in mind let me advise you about one of my mates Pug Turbo conversions. Ok I know the car is different but this engine will most likley go in yours easier as it's newer. My mate is driving a 205 with a 406 SRi engine ( 2.0 Turbo) and has had it tuned at Pug Sport and is running a nice 258bhp :) So with this in mind you might want to have a look around becasue the 406 SRi's are really quite cheap. Buy the whole car as a donar so you will have all the bits you need. Then you just need to put some big wheels, suspension and bigger brakes ;)

Hello and welcome. It's always nice to meet regular visitors and learn a bit more about them. We have big plans for the site so stay tuned, there is quite a bit in development at the moment.

Nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do. It helps to have an opinion and inquisitive mind, so get stuck into our other threads.

Your turbo conversion project sounds interesting. Feel free to pick our collective brains. Have you considered a supercharger instead?

Hi thanks for all the welcomes and the replies, the feedback is great!! :D

I think i looked at (well more like stumbled across) the 406 2.0 Turbo when I was looking on autotrader one day and it breifley crossed my mind to do a swap but I overlooked it when I saw it was an older type engine and only an 8 valve becasue I wasn't sure it would be right for me in the long run? :confused:

I would certainly consider a Supercharger but it's not something I have looked into a great deal yet.

You will probably find a supercharger a lot easier to fit and run. The boost is more linear and easier to map than a turbo.

I guess you might be able to do a head swap to a 16valve head and keep the original 2.0 Turbo block. There was IIRC a nice 2.2 petrol engine that can be turbocharged. This seems to be the most popular option.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being an 8v chief. There are 304hp @7200rpm 241ft/lb 1400 8v's out there. Depends on how restrictive that particular 8v head is really, good headwork will still see good flow, power and torque high up where the 16v'ers excel.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back