First "hello"

Garvalet

Car
Volvo S40 1.8S
Hi all,

I have just signed up to Torquecars today and hope to be able to give and receive tips for cleaning and polishing all things automotive.

I have been cleaning cars for about 25 years and am very particular when it comes to the standard of finish that I can achieve.

I hope to chat to you all later.

Cheers.

Gary

Hello and a warm welcome to you, nice to meet you. What are your plans for the car then?

What is your favourite valeting product then?

Hi Waynne

I don't have much in the way of plans, at present.

All I am doing is gradually machine polishing and finishing the bodywork, one panel at a time.

I would have done it over a weekend, but I have started valeting cars, Saturday and Sunday, so have no weekends to myself at present.

I used to have a '55' plate Toyota Avensis, that I added electric leather seats and leather trim to, but I like to keep things as standard as possible and as clean and shiny as I can. The good old Global Economy soon put a stop to that.

I will not be doing much to the Volvo, as it already has the full leather trim and I don't touch the engines, except for cleaning them.

My favourite cleaning product are in the Autoglym range and have just started using the High Definition wax, it is excellent.

Meguiars also have some pretty good stuff, like the clay kit and gold class polish, but the Autoglym gear is what I prefer to use.

When I am using Meguiars G220 polisher, it is Sonus pads and products that I use, finishing off with the HD wax.

What about you guys, what are your preferences? (Regards cleaning products!) :cheesy:

Hi pgarner

I agree, the Autoglym is powdery, but I usually apply the extra gloss protection, or the deep gloss shine with an SFX-4 pad, before buffing and waxing.

I am new to the power polishing game (only had the kit for about a month), but have polished 4 cars and a minibus already!

Only used the Sonus gear, as it was recommended to me, but I might deviate onto some other makes of pad and product, as they start to wear out.

Cheers

Gary

i find the EGP is easy added using a microfibre, have used a finishing pad to buff off after waxing. the UDS isnt as powdery as the SRP

yeah ive not had the polisher very long but done 3 cars with it. think the easiest one to notice was on the parents colt. covered in swirl marks and scratches. got a nice deep shine off still need to finish it off at some point as never got round to giving it a coat of wax

i find the EGP is easy added using a microfibre, have used a finishing pad to buff off after waxing. the UDS isnt as powdery as the SRP

yeah ive not had the polisher very long but done 3 cars with it. think the easiest one to notice was on the parents colt. covered in swirl marks and scratches. got a nice deep shine off still need to finish it off at some point as never got round to giving it a coat of wax

If I am applying by hand, I use microfibre hand application pads for the EGP & UDS, as they seem to hold the product well and it lasts for ages, plus they give you loads of control.

Where would we be without microfibre cloths eh?

I am totally sold on Meguiars Tech wax, a friend used it on my car for me and didn't like it! He said it took too much rubbing off. The end result was really nice though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back