Ffs!!!!!!!

Imaginative thread title - I might be editing that for you!

I'm guessing using my crystal ball that the driving test didnt quite go as planned?

What happened?

hey at least i didnt spell it out with numbers or symbols like some other people do :]

and yes you are correct sir :p

messed up in like the first 5 mins :/

if you know the large rounderbout near gillingham business park, lots or traffic, ment to take the third exit towards rainham, but was in the wrong lane cos of traffic and had to go round the roundabout again :/ serious fault. fail

Doesn't matter really. Some people just go to pieces under exam conditions. And it certainly doesn't make you a bad driver. OK, if you need 30 or 40 attempts then maybe it's not for you. But that's not going to happen.

i hate that roundabout even now
i was lucky when i did mine did not go on it went up the bussiness park across and down maidstone road

but on my 1st test i went into the wrong lane on the roaundabout at the top of the buss park and failed for it 2nd test i did the same but one going into st marys island and passed

There's a triple set of mini's in Bletchley (MK) test centre's route. There, too, the lane markings are permanently obscured by traffic and there are no obvious repeater signs earlier on. It seems to be a feature of the modern test

indeed, its like they want to trick you into going on.

also round the test round of gillingham there is a 50limit road, goes on for a bit and then goes round a corner with bit trees on the side.

as you get round the corner it changes to 30 and you can only see the 30 change basically when your on top of it.

lucky i know about it as slowed down, even though i fail before that :/

Don't worry about it mate...you'll get there in the end...we all do! Get yourself a cancellation and go for it mate!

P.s. A girl at work was telling me about her test she had just failed. It took her less than a minute to fail as pretty much straight away the instructor had to slam the brakes on!

a minute before the examiner reacted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats bount to be a record

Dinny worry about it mate, i would give you hugs - but am not going to lol

Better luck next time.

lol aww why not paul :toung:

its with a freelance bloke atm, he was with the big red L company
was going to do a intensive course but then chose not to.

HDI i already have got another one booked up. but this time im going to a different place as it doesnt have any big rounderbouts like gillingham.

i did mine with tim at top class was only him at the time and he lived in the flat at the garage witch was good for me
but now he has 9 cars and is doing well i do all his work for him

You can make use of cancellations now. You're probably at test standard so best to get in at short notice and push aside the opportunity for nerves and apprehension to build.

I passed my test on second attempt with about 24 hours notice of a cancelled appointment. No time to practise, worry etc. Just got in the car, assumed I'd fail like I did first time, did my stuff and was handed a pass cert at the end!

Back in 1987 the test was less prescriptive of manoeuvres etc. and seemed to focus more on general driving. Whether that's good is anyone's guess.

I've got a mate who's currently training to be an ADI instructor and she thinks that the manoeuvring requirements are excessive now.

i was going to do a cansellation but as im doing it at another place (where i did the other two) it should only take a short while to remember the roads and signs and so on.

might after a couple of lessons up there if i feel confident enought with knowing the roads get try an get a cansellation.

got my cbt on wednesday :p so will try an get up there an learn the roads on my bike before my test, purely for learning where the speed changes are rounderbouts are sort of thing.

hopefully i will be doing my full bike test in a month or so, and i've been told by my instructer that if you ride a bike an then go for your car test you should be a better driver for all the extra observations you have to do on a bike.

Get familiar with the roads. I did mine in Folkestone all those years ago and probably had 80% of my lessons in Folkestone as well so I knew it like the back of my hand.

What about canterbury? It can get busy at rush hour times but at the rest of the day it is not too bad.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back