Expensive taste

coppertop

Car
2007 ford focus SE
Hello All

I have a very essential question to ask, yet it is very opinion oriented, so please give your... opinion. I have no rush other then the desire to get started on my future car but I am having a hard time pin pointing the car for me.
I want to be able to drift in the car I buy/mod
I am on a bit of a tight budget at the moment but that will change in time.

I listed two cars in my profile but my three favorite cars have got to be Toyota supra (loved it since I was like 14)
Nissan Skyline (learned about it as I read about cars)
Toyota Altezza (a new interest)

I am worried that I am not opening my eyes enough to other options due to my love of the supra.

Here is what I am hoping for.
Living in Canada
Q:1 which of the three cars will be the least expensive to modify once it is purchased
Q:2 Which car is better for learning how to drift
Q:3 Is there a car similar to one of these that I should maybe look at buying before buying one of my dream cars.

Sorry if this seems like a novice question but one I am and two I am going to spend a lot of money over the life of the car so I want to make sure I do it right.

Thank you for any comments

with canada id go with the skyline if its going to be a road car as well. most can be made RWD by pulling one of the fuses.
that way you have the 4wd for the cold weather in winter and the RWD for the drifting.
Altezza we know as the is200 i think its pretty heavy and underpowered to really be a drift car

Skylines are solid drift cars, the engines are pretty strong and parts should be easy to come by. Resale values should be quite good on a Skyline.

The Supra is nice, but over here in the UK it can be expensive to run, parts need to be imported and they are generally getting on with higher mileages now.

Now what about an Altezza with a Supra engine? That could be fun?

Swapping engines from one type of car to another makes me nervous. Primarily b/c I have limited hands on experience with tuning cars. There is spacing issues to worry about, engine cradles and I am sure the list goes on. I have swapped an engine for the same engine before but it is easy if you label everything properly as you dismantle the original. sounds like fun though but what would be the advantage? a supra and an Altezza are around the same price.

I will not be driving this car year round. It will be my baby and will be tucked away every winter if I got a Skyline I would try for a R33 or R34 and many are only RWD. I do not know the tuning capabilities of the Skyline I do know that they make good drifting cars and have a fair amount of respect amongst fellow tuners.

Do you know if the Skyline can be tuned to a similar extent as a supra or would that be like comparing a middle weight boxer against a heavy weight boxer.

the early corrolas are good for drifting.
as are a lot of older rear wheel drive cars.
to start out with the "trampdrift" route might be an idea till you get a general feel for things.
but at the end of the day, it's down to you.

i would go for the skyline, but thats my personal preference. as for trying drifting out then a big engined bmw might do the trick.

oh, hello and welcome :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back