Evening gents

Deanxm

Wrench Pro
Car
Citroen XM
Hi all
Not coming straight in with any problems just yet.
I drive a Citroen xm 2.0i 8v (dont laugh :bigsmile:) with a few cosmetic tweeks, recently rebuilt the engine along with most of the car but now i have done it all im bored, so ive decided to do something about the fact the car weighs 1500kg and has a rather lacking 135bhp and 130 ft/lb pulling through an auto box:rolleyes:.
First thing, its not a racer and i dont want it to be, so the heavy gadgets and creature comforts are staying along with the lazy git auto box.
I have just been given an XU 8v 2.0 turbo engine along with the xm its in so when time allows i will be rebuilding it and possibly with a bit of help on this forum, improving it slightly too:bigsmile:

D

hey and welcome to the site mate, how hard is it to fit the turbo to the inplace of the NASP engine?
if it wasnt so much work id have said get rid of the auto box, theres no need for them horrible things on most cars

im not usually a fan of auto's but it is a long distance cruiser and it suits the car, the box has to stay.
The turbo and the n/a are essentialy the same engine, just with different management, camshaft, pistons etc etc, with a little electrical re alignment it will slot straight in.

D

Hi there and a warm welcome, really good to have you along. I hope you enjoy yourself here. It sounds like you are going to have a fun project on your hands.

Thanks for the welcome gents.

It sounds like you are going to have a fun project on your hands.

Yep im really looking forward to it actually, its just finding the time to play thats the problem:rolleyes:

D

Its either time or money or both that cuts our projects short!

(2 posts to go before you put up some pics;))

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back