Ello Ello

MattyBoy07

Car
Renault Clio
Alright there, was just looking on google about ideas for my car and i came across this website thought it looked decent and thought i'd give it a try.

If im being totally honest i don't know ins and outs and upgrades and extras you could to your car i don't even know what some cars untill i see them only know most of the popular ones anywho it is quite fair to say i havent got the best knowledge of cars.

Tbh i only turned 18 in june. I am Still learning to drive and i'm hoping to have passed my test in the next month or so. However i have a car already yes its my first car so its not going to be anything special or i dont want to do a great deal of work on performance side simply because my insurance will be sky high.

I bought a t reg clio for £100 from a relative. I have done some work on it already, my dad serviced it all for me, put a new clutch in. Put some 17 inch alloy wheels on it. I put some led lights on the back. I gave it a facelift so its the mk3-2001-2005/6 model. Its only a 1.2 but that is good for me because of insurance and its my first car.

I aim to do quite a bit of work to the car simply because its my first car and i know its only a 1 .2 so a lot of people would see no point in doing anything to it. But as it is my first car i want to make it look different and kool:amuse: like my own little project to it and from seeing to how it was when i got it to when it is when im finished is just like something special and a hobby and this way ill always remember it. I'm looking to get a bodykit i have one in mind which i have seen, I do want to tint my windows, Get a custom exhaust systems putting sporty loud exhuasts on. I'm also looking to get sport seats inside atm. Im'm even thinking about getting neon lights now i have seen they arn't illegal on here. I'm also putting some decals of my tattoo on my car which i think is quite good. I aim to put hid light bulbs in. i also want to upgrade some basic elements for example it is a teg so putting central locking, getting it alarmed properly and converting the manual windows to electric windows .

this is just some of the stuff so as u can see i got quite a lot of plans any ideas of what else i can do or advice? cheers

Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile: Hope you have a nice stay.
Mate as your first car you are actually being sensible in staying with the 1.2.
I give you the thumbs up for having a go at doing things yourself too. You'll get more knowledge for when you can have something sportier so in the long run you'll save yourself time effort and ££'s. Crack on mate an good luck with it.

tcsmileysign.gif

thanks yeah, it would be silly to try to improve the performance dramatically because of my insurance. Just trying to enjoy a little project as its my first car and ive already done a bit of work to it just want to mod it and fine tune it now :) as well as not spending a fortune on it! lol thanks for your welcome.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have an interstiong project on your hands.

Some mods, like wheels can be transferred easily to your second car (a faster and newer Clio) so bear this in mind and you will be spending money wisely.;)

Welcome to the site again mate ;)

thanks mate:bigsmile:

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have an interstiong project on your hands.

Some mods, like wheels can be transferred easily to your second car (a faster and newer Clio) so bear this in mind and you will be spending money wisely.;)

nice to meet you too, yeah it seems a very friendly and nice forum and im already getting addicted!

and thanks for the advice but i already know my next car won't be a clio its an audi tt lol:D

You might get the wheels to fit with some glue and a bit of hammering;)

You have good taste in next cars! I think you will be very happy with a TT. Which version were you hoping for?

Hello bud,
You got some big plans for your first motor. good luck, and enjoy yourself doing it. Its good when you put the time and effort in, then stand back and admire your creation. especially the little bits that make it your own.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back