electric cars

H

HenryGanson

Hi guys! what do you think about nissan's electric cars?

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

I have heard good things about the Leaf and I believe it got top marks in the NCAP test. As long as you plan your journeys well within its running range then you should be OK.

Was taken for a run in a Leaf while waiting for MOT at my local dealer. Very nippy for town use but will need getting used to the lack of no engine noise except the whine of the transmission. If they could improve the infrastructure by installing cableless charging in the parking bays at carparks etc the market for these vehicles would really catch on. As it is I wouldn't be able to drive to me mums and then sling a cable out her 2nd storey flat window so I could recharge it for me to get home.

Nissan Leaf is a fully electric hatchback car. The car is not yet available in India because the company is conducting feasibility tests to launch this electric vehicle in India. Most of the car makers in India are now gearing up for Auto Expo and same is the case with Nissan. The nose of the Leaf has an open-able charging bay from where the Leaf gets its vitals. The major competition of Nissan Leaf in India would be Mahindra Reva NXR, another electric car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over here, many Leaf owners are trying to start a lawsuit against Nissan for mileage claims. The batteries are not climate controlled and as a result, mileage drops in extreme cold or extreme heat. Beyond that, they're fine.