Ecu

junthepooh

Car
Merc B180 CDI
Hi guys :lol:.
Just quick question. Which one is better "re-mapping ecu" or use a "piggy back ecu"? For performance & power also less risk & last longer.
It is for Mercedes Benz B180 CDI Diesel.
Thanks.

A remap every time. A piggy back is quite a compromise. It's a bit like comparing sending a letter with a mobile phones text message.

Both allow you to communicate but one is much better as it is more direct and has lots of other communication features. The remap effectively takes over everything, piggyback devices just take sensor readings, lie to the ecu and then alter the codes that come back from the ecu.

A remap every time. A piggy back is quite a compromise. It's a bit like comparing sending a letter with a mobile phones text message.

Both allow you to communicate but one is much better as it is more direct and has lots of other communication features. The remap effectively takes over everything, piggyback devices just take sensor readings, lie to the ecu and then alter the codes that come back from the ecu.

Have someone heard about TDI Tuning in UK? One of their product is TDI Tuning Box?
Is it good? Has someone heard about it? I got it from eBay UK.
Also can someone give idea "mapped" or put "tuning box" for my car?
Thanks.

I haven't bought it yet just looking. It claims that can increase bhp & torque (around 20%). It is a box that connect to between ecu and the plug at the connector at the common rail of injectors. One connector plug to connector at comone rail of injectors and the connector connect to "original" connector which was connected to the plug at the common rail before. Once you connect it, the power & torque increase also claim use more less fuel. For your information just go to www.tdi-tuning.co.uk
I just thinking on using it because it is "invisible" so the dealer will not void my warranty. If i re-mapped maybe the dealer here (Sydney Australia) will found it then they will void my warranty.

just had another look at it mate. pic looks like it make the box seem bigger, that with re-reading you post about it connecting to the injection rail now worries me.
At a guess id say its keeps the injectors open slightly longer. rather than taking in all the sensor inputs from the engine, like what a quality remap would do.

this looks a bit like a posh version of the resistor in the box you can buy off ebay for a £1. but i might be wrong

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back