do you lie about your car?

bolder

Wrench Pro
Car
astra 2.2 bertone
sitting in the pub on saturday my mate peeps up to the girl were chatting to that he got pulled over doing 127mph and the copper let him off , he swears this is true, he then said he didnt relise he was going that quick cuz speedos are incorrect at that speed, fair enough but its a 1.4 fiesta and he says it was doing 4000rpm my 2.2 does 4000rpm at about 85mph, why lie.

you get people like that, i think i would of realised that i was doing 127mph in my car lol and thats a 1.4l lol. i been looking at the bertones for a while now, what are they like? do they drink petrol?

depends if you like being at 6500rpm lol, combined cycle over about 1000miles of mixed driving acording to my read out is 33.5mpg and i live in the sticks so allways go stop go stop, doing 70 on motorway it does atleast 40mpg do 50mph and youl be doing 60+ mpg cuz ur just ticking over, the drive its self, the gear box is nown to be notchy and thats true lol, much better when warmed up, nice n quiet motor untill 3500rpm then the devil takes over, n thats standard, i always feel it prefers being around the 3-4000 or below for gear changing its not a ragging motor, if your geting 1 before 2003 make sure the timing belt nozzle has been replaced, other then that egr valves, everything else is fairly sturdy, they can drink oil, but like all cars, some will n some wont, depends how its been treated.

Do I lie about my car? Never, liars need a good memory, not something I have!

I have been known to exaggerate my MPG a little and I removed the Turbo badge leaving most thinking it was a realy quick 1.8 NASP! :)

Most liars get totally caught out as you have discovered anyway.

The amount of 1.0 cars i've heard about that can do over 100mph is unreal!

sitting in the pub on saturday my mate peeps up to the girl were chatting to that he got pulled over doing 127mph and the copper let him off , he swears this is true, he then said he didnt relise he was going that quick cuz speedos are incorrect at that speed, fair enough but its a 1.4 fiesta and he says it was doing 4000rpm my 2.2 does 4000rpm at about 85mph, why lie.

just to impress the girl, simply.
was she worth to lie?

well he didnt pull her, i did lol, and we discussed what a pig he is in bed the next morning lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I always think you can't con a con artist (phrase reworked for forum, you all know the other version!) :lol: There's no point making bold claims if you can't prove it. :D

VistaPrint will supply you with 250 (may be 500 now) business cards for free apart from shipping cost, so I got these made for a giggle :)

Click on image if too small to read.

"do you lie about your car?"

I think that when you are young you tend to stretch things a bit, but not to this extent!I used to have a British Douglas 90 plus- a real mean and sharp looking 350 flat twin motorbike in its day-It always looked faster than it went, had a top speed (timed ) of 88 MPH, but if anyone asked"does it do the Ton? I mostly replied"of course" I was 22 then......

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back