do clean cars attract dirt? mine does!

Big Fat Fatty

The Torque Meister
Car
Accord VTEC Sport
I spent a few hours yesterday (sunday) cleaning the car inside and out, gave it a wax and polish, hoovered out the interior and i was happy with the job i had done, it looked spanking :bigsmile:

driving to work this morning i had to go through some mud a tractor had left on the road, a dust cloud covering about half a mile square while some guys were working on the road and to top it all off the car in front of me was a badly maintained diesel spewing black sooty smoke out of the back of it right in my face, i had to back off a bit just so i could see the road ahead!

the car looks worse now than it did before i started yesterday :twisted::rolleyes:

how long does your car stay nice and clean for?

Last edited:
I think that cars will only look so dirty. So one days dirt looks as bad as a week or two's build up.

If it builds up gradually then it all blends in. If the car is clean in places then it really shows up when there are spots of dirt on it.

I do think birds aim for clean cars though. My neighbour never washes his and has had no bird strikes. I wash mine often and am always getting bird lime hitting it! :eek: the 2 cars are only a metre apart!

:lol::lol::lol:

It's almost soul destroying putting the hard work in getting the car to shine and then seeing it get duller and dirtier by the hour :sad:

but it does serve as an incentive to do it all again the next weekend :lol:

I always say it's easier to clean a clean car than a really dirty one!

(Think about that for a minute!)

Traveling in the same area and environment, the car will collect the same amount of dirt, whether clean or dirty.

Its just that a fresh coat of dirt and grime shows off more distinctly on a clean car, than it would on a dirty one, as in the later case it just blends in.

But I do echo your sentiments, because, after spending a whole day cleaning and sprucing up your ride, you encounter an unusually greater number of hazards, especially when you are pleased as punch about the looks of your baby.

But you know what they say; Life is a beach!

And mine stays clean for 6 hrs at the most, making me sometime give it a rub-down in the evening as one would a horse after a day's job.

But have no fear.

Girdle up, 'coz the next weekend is just 5 days to go, and then you can pamper your baby again.

I agree with Waynne...a clean car is definitely easier to clean than a dirty one. Plus washing the car is sort of therapeutic. Everyone stays clear of me during that time. I like it. Plus your baby is all shiny at the end! :)

They certanly do. Every time I clean mine (twice a week) it rain's the next day and for some reason always leaves small deposits of grit or sand or salt that is in the rain, so I end up with a pocor dot car. :mad:

One of the easiest ways of making your car look cleaner is to clean the wheels. It has an amazing effect it makes a vehicle look clean even when the bodywork is dirty. The tyre dressing for shiny looking tyres does a really good job as well and lasts.