Cutting it fine

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you the sort of driver who squeezes through tiny gaps? I've clipped mirrors a few times (never actually damaged it though), and usually because someone doesn't want to share the road.

I find that women drivers generally squeeze through tiny gaps and men in general drive defensively taking up more road and forcing other drivers to give way. (Note the use of the words Generally and general there!)

So are you a gap squeezer or more of a road hogger!

My wife does, only the gaps are sometimes just a tad smaller than the car :)

Many years ago she tried to get her Triumph Herald through a gap and got all of the car through apart from the rubber trim from the rear bumper, that was left in the road. On another occasion she managed, and I still don't know how, to remove the door handle push button from the passenger door!

I find that a sharp intake of breath seems to help if the gap suddenly looks too narrow :)

Depends on the road conditions and if I am familiar with the car. I do tend to drive very close to parked cars even when the road is empty. If its a car ive borrowed then Im a lot more careful.

Is it me or do you get pushed off the road if you are in a small car?

you should see some of the gaps i have taken my double decker bus through (very scary and tight)its when the wife says you'll never get through there thats when you have to prove them wrong the scariest time i have ever had was when my sister was driving and she closed her eyeswhile going through a VERY tight gap,my ass was chomping at the passenger seat i can tell you lol.