Cut Up

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
when you are coming off a roundabout and someone decides they are lady godiva, and you nearly plough into the side of them; do you use your horn? i keep forgetting :lol:

usually give them a dirty look as they've come into my house on my birthday and s*** on my cat.

Thought I'd revive this thread cause this keeps happening to me on a daily basis. At junction 28-M1 Motorway roundabout. How come so many people don't know how to tackle a roundabout properly? It is always the same that some drivers who are in the A38 lane ONLY cross over clean infront of me resulting in me braking heavily and also everything behind me doing the same. I am very suprised that I haven't been wrote off in some of these incidents.
And to answer your question Yes I do use the horn. Very promtly. I had a women the other day though sound her horn at me because i'd hit mine for her cutting me up!!! She made out it was my fault.

I've started using my horn a lot more than I used to. I agree about the roundabouts... it amazes me how some people survive in this world!

I usually forget to use my horn too, because I'm concentrating on avoiding a collision. And a horn doesn't help in most circumstances anyway, only makes more anger. But if you're using it to get their attention, then fair enough.

I think the people that do it either haven't passed a driving test or they had to try 8 times before they did.

The problem is that they don't use their eyes and brain cells.

It's patently easy to get it right. Indicators should only be a means to confirm to another road user what your positioning is telling them anyway.

So it's odd that the drivers who exhibit the worst positioning skills are also the ones who give misleading signals.

Tend to use my horn in these situations (once the preventitive action is taken) - people seem to get really uptight about this but really dont care. If they screw up and almost cause an accident then take the heat for it

Tend to use my horn in these situations (once the preventitive action is taken) - people seem to get really uptight about this but really dont care. If they screw up and almost cause an accident then take the heat for it

My thoughts exactly. It's unbelievable though when the horn is used the other person will look at you as if they've done nothing wrong.

That's because they don't think they have done so. Perhaps best to give 'em a blast before they drive across you. That's what the horn is there for, to warn other road users of your presence. Clearly they're not aware otherwise you'd not have been 'cut up'.

That's because they don't think they have done so. Perhaps best to give 'em a blast before they drive across you. That's what the horn is there for, to warn other road users of your presence. Clearly they're not aware otherwise you'd not have been 'cut up'.

But when someone just drives infront of you you have no time to blast the horn first. By the time you've hit the brakes they've already crossed your path. And alot of people do know what they are doing. Especcially when pulling out of a junction. You can see it in there face they leave it that late to pull out. It's just plain ignorance. And if an accident did occure these sort of people will argue the toss that it's your fault not their's. Plain ignorance in my opinion.
Rant over.......For now.

What annoys me most - is those that like to pull out onto the round-about while im going around it as im going past them and attempt to plouge into the side of me.

Its as if they are so desperate to get a head-start against whatever car may come around the round-about next, they're willing to start pulling out - realise im still in front of them, and have to hit the anchers.

I never understand the ones that wait unitl you're virtually on top of 'em and THEN they move away. Slowly. Now, you've had plenty of time to go whilst I was approaching. But you haven't. So what's changed?

Further, there's a 1/2 of clear road behind me.

But, having wandered out (as if it's that important to do so, having waited for several hours to do so) and caused me to have to adjust my speed you now proceed to spend several weeks getting up to speed.

So, if there's such urgency to your cause that you need to drive directly across me, why, then, having done so has the same urgency suddenly disappeared from your mind.

If you're in a rush, then go, go soon and GET ON WITH IT.

And please don't gesticulate to me when I pass you at the next available opportunity.

yup that is something thats annoying, the indicator coming on on a long strech of road when your already half way past the bloody car. fair enough on a wagon and drag that can see further than you but on a bloody clio doing 30 theres no need i could pass you without any issues

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back