Curves or angles

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you prefer cars to have curves or sharp angles?

I guess we are comparing a Lotus Esprit or TVR TASMIN with something like an Jaguar S Type or the S5

This sort of thing applies right down to bodykits and subtle additions to a car.

I think the main car designs seem to phase between the two styles and we are just getting to the end of the curves. What are your thoughts on this?

Do you prefer cars to have curves or sharp angles?

I guess we are comparing a Lotus Esprit or TVR TASMIN with something like an Jaguar S Type or the S5

This sort of thing applies right down to bodykits and subtle additions to a car.

I think the main car designs seem to phase between the two styles and we are just getting to the end of the curves. What are your thoughts on this?

The love of my life is a 1967 Lotus Elan. Enough said.

i gotta go with gen. I prefer a nice mix or blend between the two. If done right they look pretty good, think the chevy corvette or 90 to 99 nisszn 300zx/Fairlady Z. overall though i prefer curves as long as you don't wind up with a new beetle look

Does your wife know?

Errr. yes. well, I showed her this thread and she said that if the Elan was really the love of my life, then I can f*** it instead!

Maybe I should edit reply to read the automotive love of my life :)

I'm stuck with this 1 cause I can't decide between the 2. Cause I like the Ferrari Testarrosa. But also I like smooth lines in a car too. I'm totally split between the 2. I just can't decide...

I think it is too hard to choose. Both look good. Weve done curves to death though so perhaps its time to go back to clean angles and lines.

What was that really pointy BMW? Was it the Z1 or 750Z?

Volvo have always done angles and now they are going all bendy on us.

I think it is too hard to choose. Both look good. Weve done curves to death though so perhaps its time to go back to clean angles and lines.

What was that really pointy BMW? Was it the Z1 or 750Z?

Volvo have always done angles and now they are going all bendy on us.

I think you must be talking about the mighty BMW M1, but there was also the 8 series which were a bit mental. Big wedges with V's in them. Nice.

To be fair though I prefer a mix. I like what the Japanese were doing from the late 80s to the mid to late 90s. I would say they reinvented older shapes and had a nice mixture.

Curves make a car look dynamic as long as it's not overdone like the Beetle!

Has to be curves, the cd factor goes to pot on some designs and have the aerodynamic properties of a house brick! Only pure power overcomes this.

I still have a soft spot for the Droopsnoot Firenza and the 'Old Nail' version looked stunning from any angle.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back