Currently Carless

BJ2020

Car
Shopping
Hello everybody,

Ive not long sold my MR2 and am looking for my next motor, something for the summer. Haven't really got a shortlist yet but my budget is around £5000 give or take. Supras, Skylines and RX7s are amongst my fave cars at the mo :-D

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Jayne
XX

Hello everybody,

Ive not long sold my MR2 and am looking for my next motor, something for the summer. Haven't really got a shortlist yet but my budget is around £5000 give or take. Supras, Skylines and RX7s are amongst my fave cars at the mo :-D

Jayne
XX

Hi there Jayne and welcome to Torque Cars. With a budget of £5000 you have quite a wide choice of cars. What is the car gonna be used for and is there something inperticular you want? What about an Impreza? Prices have really fallen over the last couple of years.

Hi Jayne and a warm welcome to TorqueCars.

I'd favour the skyline. Prices are all pretty low at the moment so there are plenty of bargains around.

What sort of driving do you do? Are you into drifting, track days or just fast country drives?

In all honesty posing and nipping out for short runs to the shops etc. I live about four miles from my work now so don't really need a car but I want one. I might look into an Impreza yeah, my friend's brother had one but I never got to try it cos he sells them almost as quickly as he gets them!! GRRR!

PS, Wayne:

Fast country drives... managed to drift the MR2 a few times, but I think you'd more likely call it avoiding a prang with style as I never meant to do it. Was a kinda funny floaty feeling though and it certainly wakes you up!

So petrol prices will not scare you then.;)

It pretty hard finding a good unmolested example of the Supra but there are some nice Skylines around and they have loads of tuning and posing potential.;)

Welcome Jayne and the best of luck in finding that right car.

Just remember if you do short journeys this may not do the car any good, so choose wisely.

Hello everybody,

Jayne
XX

welcome to the club of carless people. :)
I'm left without my car too and hoping to get another one this summer tho. how about a 1982 rx-7? they cost here 2500 euros, in Uk probably more cheap? anyways nice to have you along jayne.

For fast country lane fun you can't beat a Scoob. With the right mods on 1 they are untouchable on country lanes. They have so much grip as standard and this can be increased very easily. A Skyline in my opinion would be just a little too big to be blasting down country lanes and a Supra would just be tail happy like the Mr2. Another good country lane blast is the Clio Cup 182. It has been rated the best in it's class for a long while. And has even been known to lift the back wheel through the bends cause it has so much grip. There is alot of fun cars to drive out there. In my opinion though at this moment in time you can't beat an impreza for a country lane blast.....:D

hi and welcome Jayne, i was gonna say 200sx s14a, but then reading bout country roads i changed my mind, what a bout a little pocket rocket like a Toyota Starlet GT Turbo, been looking at them myself the last couple of months, can pick up a really nice low milange one for bout 4k leaves you spare cash to personalise it.

how about voting for a car?
now these are the cars you proposed for her:

1.Skyline
2.RX-7
3.Impreza
4.Starlet GT

let's vote! i vote for the impreza.

For fast country lane fun you can't beat a Scoob. With the right mods on 1 they are untouchable on country lanes. They have so much grip as standard and this can be increased very easily. A Skyline in my opinion would be just a little too big to be blasting down country lanes and a Supra would just be tail happy like the Mr2. Another good country lane blast is the Clio Cup 182. It has been rated the best in it's class for a long while. And has even been known to lift the back wheel through the bends cause it has so much grip. There is alot of fun cars to drive out there. In my opinion though at this moment in time you can't beat an impreza for a country lane blast.....:D

I tried hard not to say it but........................have you driven an MG ZS180? It has an excellent chassis and has been known to whip the odd scooby through the twisties! Granted it does not have the flair of the aforementioned but bargins are to be had and be different! However if drifting is your thing then it'll be no good at all!

I tried hard not to say it but........................have you driven an MG ZS180? It has an excellent chassis and has been known to whip the odd scooby through the twisties! Granted it does not have the flair of the aforementioned but bargins are to be had and be different! However if drifting is your thing then it'll be no good at all!

how about MG ZR 180? it's compact and better for that type of road.

how about voting for a car?
now these are the cars you proposed for her:

1.Skyline
2.RX-7
3.Impreza
4.Starlet GT

let's vote! i vote for the impreza.

sounds like a plan lol
could put hash nxt to the one we vote for :) (is this legally binding? will she HAVE to buy the one we choose like a torquecars raffle - but you have to buy what you win lol) ive put vote for me and charger

1.Skyline -
2.RX-7 -
3.Impreza - #
4.Starlet GT - #

Different engine and is a 1.8 ZR160 vvc K4, the 180 is a 2.5 KV6. The ZS has the better chassis over the ZR.

there's one for sale of those in my town, 5000 euros non taxed, and it has some front lights broken. dark green and looks hot with those british flags on the rear sides. and the engine is 1.4, while the 1.8 was avalaible too.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back