crash sensor

arg123

Car
2005 mondeo tdci 2l
hi all help ive a 2005 mondeo tdci had a minor shunt up the rear and now wont start,any ideas on location or if they have crash sensors????

They will have collision sensors, as do most common rail diesels. It's probably a software job via the OBDII port, although some Mondeos do have a switch in the passenger footwell. I imagine it's a case of lifting back the carpet.

Best option is to phone a friendly Ford dealer - they ought to tell you immediately.

thanks for that matey,as for ford friendly lol they just wanted me to book it in lol

thanks for that matey,as for ford friendly lol they just wanted me to book it in lol

I know what you mean, I was being slightly cynical when I wrote it. I'm not overly familiar with Mondeos (apart from to drive), but perhaps try the Ford mondeo Owner's Club online forum.

I'm not going to post a link but it'll appear in Google pretty readily.

Also try sticking it in the New Members bit of Torque Cars. This place is pretty friendly and we're all anxious to help. You certainly will not get shot down in flames.

Check in the boot near the fuel filler cap, there might be a fuel cutoff switch that needs flicking.

The usual things to try are see if there is fuel and spark arriving at the engine, is the starter motor turning over the engine ok?

No sparks with a derv engine, Waynne. Wakey wakey :)

And, arg123 - do NOT unscrew an injector to check fuel delivery. The rail pressure is upwards of 1300bar and a fuel pulse will literally sever flesh and bone.

Pretty much. Even first generation common rail models (Peugeots 1998 lanuch of the 2.0 HDi) were 900 bar.

The latest ones are in excess of 2000bar. Yes, that's over 28,000 pounds per square inch.

No sparks with a derv engine, Waynne. Wakey wakey :)

And, arg123 - do NOT unscrew an injector to check fuel delivery. The rail pressure is upwards of 1300bar and a fuel pulse will literally sever flesh and bone.

DOH! I must learn more about these mysterious antiquated oil burners! :lol: (There was a temporary blind spot in my mind there!)

The fuel reset switch in Ford's is usually down the drivers side. It's normally just a hole in the plastic trim down near the Accelerator pedal. It's the panel inbetween the pedal and the door. (Usually.)
And diesels wouldn't hurt you with fuel pressure. It comes out as a fine mist. Looks almost like smoke tbh.;)

XR3i's had it in the spare wheel well.